Happy Day

It was finally December. The last month of my life had been complicated but incredibly happy. Draco had tried to talk to me a few times to try and reconcile our relationship but I either ignored him or was with my friends who wouldn't let him close to me. He tried to make me jealous but nothing had worked for him thus far. I didn't care if he slept with every Slytherin in the school, I was happy to be rid of him and the way he treated me. He's sent me my favourite flowers to transfiguration class to try and win me back but the next day the twins sent me a huge amount of them that covered my whole desk. I thought the whole thing to be humorous, as did Mcgonagall. It didn't take her long to figure out who did it and made them clean it all up.

I had become very close with the twins. George was the best friend I could ask for that was a boy. Fred was amazing too but my ever growing crush on him made it really hard to build a friendship. I still ran from him all the time to the amusement of Hermione. At this point only she knew about the crush and she insisted he liked me back although I wasn't so sure. I spent most of my spare time with them. It worked out well that when I had breaks in my classes so did they whereas the others did have classes for the most part. It helped that I was basically an honorary Griffindor at this point so I was allowed into the common room to hangout with everyone. I was even going to do the dance lessons for the ball with them. I wasn't particularly excited about the ball anymore. I didn't have a date and going alone would be laughable and embarrassing which I was currently trying to convince Hermione and Luna of.

"It's not embarrassing."

"It is embarrassing!" I exclaimed.

"It's not. I'm going alone."

"Hermione the only reason you don't have a date is because my brother won't sack up and you won't accept anyone else's invitation." Ginny said joining us at the table in the great hall. It was just before lunch so it was starting to fill up.

"Oh shut up! And what about you? You're going with Neville!"

"Yes. He asked me and I wanted to go." She shrugged.

"But he wasn't who you wanted to ask you is he?"

"No but come on! I'm only a third year! If I wanted to go I couldn't just wait and hope Harry would ask me like I wanted him to!"

"Why on earth did I not know you liked Harry?!" I exclaimed hitting her arm.

"I didn't think it would be important." She shrugged blushing. "Have you told me about any crushes you have?"

"Well no but- fuck." I smacked my forehead after realizing what I said.

"What?!" she yelled smiling at me and shaking me by the arms. "You have to tell me right now! Who is it?"

"I'll tell you later, we've got the problem of me not having a date to worry about right now." I said trying to calm her down.

"I'd say ask George but I've already done that." Luna said absentmindedly.

"What?!" we all yelled making everyone turn to look at us.

"Luna! Why didn't you tell us?"

"I thought everyone knew I liked him. I suppose not. He seemed pretty surprised as well."

"Well come on love, what did he say, what did he say?" I asked in excitement.

"He said yes." She said smiling and blushing as we squealed and giggled.

"Luna I'm so happy for you!" Hermione squealed giving her a side hug.

"This is incredible!" I exclaimed giving her a high five from across the table.