십팔

"what?"

"haha..what ?"

hyunjin looked fine, he didn't show any hints of stress, even though on the inside, he was hardcore panicking.

"did you hear what I said ?" he tried to get away of this situation.

"well, that's the thing- i'm not sure.."

"oh, I said it's nice to have a roommate it makes me feel less..alone you know"

felix mouthed an "o" and continued to eat his pizza, as if nothing happened.

thank god he didn't manage to hear the actual thing I said, hyunjin thought as he sat in between the two boys on the couch to choose something to watch while they eat.

——

it's now the next day, jeongin slept at their place, since it was easier to all go to class together instead of dropping him off at his home late in the evening.

jeongin felt nervous on their walk to school. he was worried chan wouldn't be here again, he felt guilty, but on top of that, scared, of rumors that might have formed on him and the older.

to his surprise, when they arrived, no one payed much attention to him, students just minded their own business and went on with their day.

"did they not hear ?" he asked as he turned his head towards felix.

"hmm, i think that's not it"

"guys, chan's company made the statement" said hyunjin as he showed the two boys his phone, with a post displayed on it.

hyunjin read it out loud for the three of them.

"..we are denying the rumors, and we will take legal action against malicious comments spreading fake information on our artists."

felix looked at a now smiling jeongin, who was happy this misunderstanding was cleared up.

"felix~" a boy said as he tapped the australian's shoulder lightly.

"changbin !" the latter exclaimed as he started a conversation with the older, unintentionally leaving jeongin and hyunjin behind.

"jeongin, let's go get something to eat before classes start, mm ?"

"sure !"

thus, both boys left changbin and felix alone, and wandered in the school, towards the cafeteria, to get themselves some food.

——

"wait for me here innie, i'll be right back, i need to use the bathroom"

the younger nodded as he took a bite of his chocolate.

hyunjin entered the room, noticing someone was standing in it, washing their hands.

he couldn't quite figure out who that boy was, until he turned around.

"oh changbin" he said as he got closer.

the older on the other hand, acted hostile, and it didn't go unnoticed by the model, who finally decided, to speak up.

"listen bin, i don't know what's going on but, why are you so awkward around me these past few days ?" He went straight to the point. he needed to know, desperately.

"hyunjin, what is going on between you and felix" changbin reached for his phone in his pocket.

"what ? nothing, we're friends bin, don't worry"

"are you sure you don't..like him ? the small boy said as he showed his phone screen to the taller.

"where did you get this picture ?" hyunjin said snatching the phone from the older

"jeongin sent it to chan, who sent it in our groupchat since he found it, well, cute"

"listen, it was a dare, I had to hug felix for 1 minute, jeongin made us do that, and apparently took a picture" he said as he sighed handing him his device back.

changbin felt uneasy, he started to feel bad for acting this way towards his friend, who clearly wasn't guilty of anything.

hyunjin still was denying reality. he was more interested in the australian than he thought. he believed that, if he just forgot about these thoughts and pushed them away, he would grow out of liking the boy.

unfortunately, that's not how it works.

he only wanted changbin, who loved felix for so long, to feel happy and ask the younger out.

"hyunjin, i'm sorry for acting this way towards you- for no reason"

"it's all good bin, but..try and make actual moves on lix next time" he said as he winked and exited the bathroom.

changbin shot him a glare and followed him as they both started heading towards their first class.