Don't stop me now

"Tonight, I'm gonna have myself a real good time. I feel alive and the world, I'll turn it inside out, yeah. I'm floating around in ecstasy, so don't stop me now. Don't stop me now, 'Cause i'm having a good time,"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

My eyes flutter open and are greeted by the sight of Iris and and Amos hovered over me with ridiculous party hats on and a muffin with a candle in it.

"Thanks, guys." I yawn propping myself up on my elbows.

Iris grins wide, "Here, take this." she says handing me the muffin. She makes her way over to her side of the room and looks through her trunk.

Amos makes himself comfortable next to me and takes the muffin from my hand, "So, get this—"

I internally groan. This is how he starts all his rants.

"—Ashlynn hooked up with Black." He says.

My eyes widen, "No!" I gasp.

"Yes! They were gonna go all the way too but, apparently he got up and left right in the middle of snogging!" He exclaims.

Iris returns with two gift boxes in her hands, "Shut up Amos she doesn't want to hear your gossip on her birthday." She takes a seat at the foot of my bed across from Amos and I.

This is it. The start of my adult life. Seventeen years old, legally allowed to do magic and drink. Bitch'n.

"Oi, open mine first!" Amos cheers, snatching the larger box from Iris and passing it to me.

Iris smirks, "Fine, best for last."

I peel off the paper carefully, it's quite obvious he took his time wrapping it. When the paper is finally off I open the box and see a sage green record player along with three albums. My jaw is hung open as I scan through the titles, Abbey road by the Beatles , Rumors by Fleetwoodmac and Jazz by Queen.
All of my favourites.

"No fucking way, Amos." I breathe out.

I've wanted a record player since third year but when I owled my mother asking for the funds to get me one she wrote back, and what have you done to deserve such an expensive gift?
Amos was there when I opened the letter.

"Yes way," He says proudly, "So, you like it then?"

"Are you joking me Amos?!! This is the best bloody gift i've ever gotten!" I beam, pulling him into a one-armed hug.

"Okay my turn!" Iris squeals.

She hands me a glittery navy blue box with a silver ribbon. Pulling the lid off the top of the box i'm hit with the sent of strong muggle-herb. The box is filled with 3 fairly large bags of pot, a lighter, rolling papers and a black jar-looking thing.

"That's a grinder," Iris says noticing my confusion, "Xeno said it breaks up the weed to make it last longer."

Now, this is the best present ever.

"Thank you, Ris! This is so wicked!" I hop up from the bed and carry my gifts over to my dresser.

I set down the record player gently and select the Queen record to play. Don't stop me now begins to play.

"Hey," I look around the room, "where is everyone?"

"We paid them 20 galleons each to set up your party and gather supplies." Amos mumbles through a mouthful of my muffin.