~19~

🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

~~~

There is a mention of blood, specifically cutting oneself, but it is a demonstration of healing abilities. It is not very descriptive, but still, protect yourselves please. I will put *** before and after to show when it is safe. There is also passing mentions of child abuse, I would say canon-typical because of the Laheys, but again just take care of yourselves. Yes it is canon-typical, but the injuries are fairly descriptive.

Also a whole new plot line, that I didn't really plan, it just happened. Ain't that fun.Also because as I'm writing this, I feel like I keep accidentally foreshadowing a relationship between Tessa and Danny, and I'm not. I swear I'm not. That isn't happening. I swear on my life Tessa and Danny will never date, for obvious reasons. But also because Tessa will never have a love interest. Fair warning: This will be a really long chapter.

~~~

Thursday

"Excuse me?" The disbelief is Tessa's voice is apparent.

"My birth name is Cassidy Hale; my mother had a one-night stand with one Peter Hale." Cassidy turns to face her friend briefly before turning back towards the road. "She met him at a pack conference of sorts, lots of drinking involved. They never spoke again after that."

"Did he know about you?"

"No." She shrugs.

Tessa thinks for a minute, looking at her friend and trying to gauge her feelings. "Do you wish he did?"

"No." At Tessa's raise eyebrow Cassidy sighs. "I like my life with the Alexanders, I like my life right now. Who knows what would've happened if he knew about me."

"He's alive you know." An image flashes in Tessa's mind at her words. Something about scars and fire, too similar to a memory, she pushes it away. "He's been catatonic since the fire."

Cassidy is silent for a moment. "My parents told me; they asked if I wanted to go and see him. I was twelve at the time, I didn't really understand why they wanted me to go and see a man I'd never met before. One that held no significance to me."

Tessa's head falls back onto the window. The information itself isn't all that surprising, she was too young to really understand, but Peter had always been with a different woman when she had seen him. Looking back, it probably wasn't healthy to introduce them all to his younger nieces and nephews, only to rip them away.

"You okay...?" Cassidy's soft voice breaks through the momentary silence.

Tessa looks at her friend again. "Yeah of course. Are you?"

She nods. "Yeah. I've already processed all of this, I just wanted to make sure you weren't mad at me."

"Of course not!" Tessa shakes her head, green eyes widening. "I wouldn't be made at you for this, lord knows I have no right to fault someone for keeping a secret."

Cassidy chuckles a little. "We all got problems girlie."

Tessa huffs out something similar to a laugh before lifting a pale hand to rub at her chest. The ache only seems to be getting worse, she wants to help Danny, to save him from whatever is hurting him right now. Even if she knows he doesn't want that, it doesn't take the urge away.

"I got a new tattoo." Once again Tessa finds herself pulling away from the window in shock, green eyes landing on her friend.

"I- I kinda feel like disclosure of information is going in the wrong order tonight." A blonde eyebrow arches. "How does that even work with the whole healing thing? I didn't really think about it before now, but wouldn't your tattoos heal?" She welcomes the distraction the new topic brings, and briefly wonders if Cassidy is as worried as she is.