Heart Monitor

Hello

~~~

Friday
-Hospital

    The familiar beat of Heat of the Moment starts playing on my phone but someone
-not me- shuts it off.

    "What the heck?" I mutter, my eyes still closed.

    "Bonum mane." A familiar voice says.

    Hold up...I know that voice. I sit up quickly and open my eyes. I jump out of the hospital chair, completely forgetting that my Dad is in the room.

    "Braeden!!!" I squeal and jump on her.

    Braeden stumbles at the sudden weight but doesn't fall. Braeden puts me down after a couple minutes.

    "I thought you weren't coming for another week!" I say, hugging her again.

    "Your Dad called, said that you've been stressed lately and that you needed a surprise, a good one." Braeden explains.

    I turn to my Dad who was doing a terrible job at pretending to look at a magazine, it was upside down.

    I hug him. "Thank you." I whisper.

    "Your welcome." Dad says, rubbing my back.

    "Tessa..." Dad says a few minutes later. "You can let go now..."

    I laugh and let him go.

    "Get dressed." Braeden pats a pile of clothes. "I'm driving you to school."

    "Are these your clothes?" I ask, holding up a leather jacket.

    "The jacket and the boots are, the rest of it is yours." Braeden says.

    I shrug and walk into the bathroom to change. Braeden brought me a grey long-sleeve turtleneck, black ripped jeans, and a burgundy leather jacket that is hers.

 Braeden brought me a grey long-sleeve turtleneck, black ripped jeans, and a burgundy leather jacket that is hers