Formality pt8

That's what Rosie looks like now^^

~~~

Rose's breath tickles my neck slightly as she lets out a small sigh from her perch on my stomach. She has her head pressed into the crook of my shoulder and her tail thumps happily against my thigh. I rub her stomach but freeze at the sound of the door opening.

    I slowly nudge Rose off my stomach, much to  her dismay. I quietly open up the end table drawer and pull out a wolfsbane laced knife.

    "Be on lookout." I whisper to Rose, she gives me what I hope is a brief nod of understanding.

    I sneak around into the kitchen, hiding behind the cupboards and airing for the person to walk past the person. I freeze at the sound of boots thudding on the hardwood floors. You'd think an intruder would know how to walk quietly. I let out a relieved breath when I see black curly hair.

"Melissa, what are you doing here?" I ask, startling her.

"I'm here for the-" Melissa takes in my defensive stance and the knife in my hand. "You thought I was someone else didn't you."

    I hesitate. "No?"

    "Maybe you should go see Ms. Morell again?" Melissa suggests.

    "No thank you, she freaked me out a little bit, did you know she knows?" I shift my stance so that I'm almost relaxed but I find myself tightening my grip on the knife.

"No?" Melissa looks like she's thinking for a moment. "Yeah no."

I'm about to respond when the door creaks ope once again. I resume my defensive stance and attempt to pull Melissa behind me, she complied but she rolls her eyes and stays relaxed. Before I can stop her, Melissa reaches her head around the corner and takes a peak at the person.

"Relax." Melissa says with a shift sigh. "It's just Alex."

"Just Alex?" Alex echos, you can practically hear the raised eyebrow.

Melissa of course does the mature thing and sticks her tongue out at Alex. When I hear Alex's footsteps come closer, I hurriedly slip the knife into to back waistband of my black leggings and pull my dark maroon lacrosse sweatshirt down to cover it.

"Where's Te-" Alex cuts herself off as she sees my arm out of its sling. "Isn't your arm supposed to be in a sling?"

"Yes it is, in fact I don't know why it isn't in it right now." Melissa gives me a pointed look.

    I groan and stand up fully. "Do either of you know where I put it?"

    "How would we know?" Alex asks. "We just got here!"

    "Right." I sigh.

    Living room in the armchair.

    I walk into the living room are sure enough, the black bundle of fabric lays twisted in the charcoal grey armchair.

    (A/N: Do you guys spell grey like grey? Or like gray?)

    "You guys wanna watch some surpernatural while waiting for Cassidy?" I ask, slipping my arm into the sling.