So she thought back to the conversation she had with Evan Rosier that morning.

Through the corridors Genevieve walked with her broom tucked under her arm tightly. She was surprised that her Quidditch uniform still fitted her when she tried it on that morning, and currently she was wearing it to go try out for the new Gryffindor Quidditch team.

Two shadows had appeared in front of her, blocking her walkway. She looked up to see Rosier and Mulciber.

"How are we doing, gorgeous?" Rosier asked, his eyes piercing and his smirk prominent.

Genevieve didn't mind Slytherins. She didn't hate any of the houses. She did, however, hate a particular group of Slytherins who had decided to pester her since her first year at this school.

Genevieve grimaced and ran a hand down her face groggily. "Can we please just not do this today, guys? I would hate to pull a muscle before tryouts."

Paying no regard to her previous statement, Rosier chuckled and looked her up and down. "The Mudbloods trying out for Quidditch Mulciber, what do we think about that?"

"It's pathetic," Mulciber laughed, although it was more of a cackle. Genevieve scrunched her nose up at the way they talked. It was like this whole conversation had been rehearsed between the two of them.

"Er–Right," Genevieve said unsurely. She wasn't afraid of them, she didn't see a reason to be afraid of them. If anything she was more embarrassed for them, but she really couldn't be bothered with their uncreative attempts at offending her. "I've kinda' got somewhere to be, as you can see, so I would really appreciate it if you could both wind me up another time. Cheers boys," Genevieve carried on, giving them both a pat on the shoulders before attempting to walk around them.

Both of the boys stepped in front of her as she tried to make her exit. "Filthy Mudblood," Mulciber spat, his face turning red from anger. "You dare touch us with your own hands?"

The corner of Genevieve's mouth quirked up in amusement. "My bad, didn't know I was talking to the Queen," she snorted.

"Do you find this funny?" seethed Mulciber. Bringing his wand out from his robes pocket, he pointed it at her as his face turned more and more red. "Does something amuse you?"

"That tiny vein popping out on your forehead is quite funny now that I think about it—"

"—Settle down," Rosier hushed them both, his voice calm yet sinister. He put his hand on Mulcibers' wand, lowering it slowly. "There's no need to be so violent, Mulciber. After all," he glanced at Genevieve out the corner of his eye, "Why waste good magic on someone like her? I imagine she's been passed around between them four "jokesters" more than enough times."

Genevieve's jaw went tight as she bit down on her tongue. It wasn't the name calling that got to her, it was the accusations that did.

"Let's go get breakfast, Mulciber," Rosier suggested, his piercing stare never leaving hers as he stepped out the way for him to get past. "I'm starving."

Genevieve never told any of the boys about what people said about her. She knew that people gossiped and spread lies about her 'close relationship' with the four Gryffindors, but she didn't want to bother them with false claims that she knew weren't true.

As Genevieve snapped back into reality, she realised that the bludger was flying towards her at rapid speed. She raised her bat with one hand and swung with all her might, picturing Rosiers face on the metal ball.

Just like Sirius had told her the bludger went flying, but it went flying directly into the back of Dylan Hunter who was also trying out for beater. He turned around and shouted some curses at her which she didn't hear because Sirius' and her own laughter blocked it out.