But of course this meant that she would want to talk about it.

"Blaise, I'm glad you're awake" Mrs Zabini greeted. "I made the house elves prepare your favorite meal."

Blaise stayed quiet, but made his way to sit by the empty plate. To say the tension around the room was "uncomfortable" would be an understatement; and both of them noticed it.

"Blaise, I-"

"- please don't" Blaise shook his head.

She looked down at her food and but her lip, hoping to push the guilty tears back. At first she was telling herself that this was for his own good - a way to secure his safety in some way.

"I'm sorry" she finally spoke, deciding to ignore his wish for silence. "I know you don't want this."

"Then why did you let this happen?" Blaise snapped. "Can't you just protect me for once, instead of just going along with everything?"

"I am protecting you!"

"By handing me over to Voldemort!? Great job mum."

"Blaise, that isn't fair-"

"- no. No, this is completely fair. I'm done pretending that everything is fine when meanwhile I feel like I'm fucking dying!"

Mrs Zabini didn't respond, and let Blaise get through his emotions. It wasn't her place to say anything yet.

"Why?" Blaise repeated. "Why can't you just let me decide what's best for me? I'm capable of making my own choices!"

"I know- But I-"

"- There's no excuse for this" Blaise stated and looked coldly at his mother. "Just like there is no excuse for everything that happened when I was twelve."

~ Meanwhile ~

Opal sat quietly amongst the other Hufflepuffs as she waited for her brother.

She couldn't help but feel like he had done something stupid; especially since he stormed off right before they could resolve their argument — not to mention that Potter and Malfoy kept looking at the entrance like they were expecting someone...

"- because it's disgusting." A female's voice gagged as she swallowed her pumpkin juice.

"Isn't that rather short sighted?" The boy next to her winced.

"Are you standing up for those freaks?"

Opal didn't need to listen any further to know what they were talking about, and she got the sudden urge to leave.

Sure, Theodore had told Ginny to make Potter and Malfoy doupt their relationship and eventually fall apart - causing Draco to be more vulnerable, and easier to break. But now Ginny had gone and gotten the homophobes involved.

Which made it, unknowingly, harder for the few students who planned on coming out; or the few who were in secret relationships because they were - now more than ever - afraid of the rejection.

"-ause I'm Pan!"

***

Vivian woke up in the common room with Theodore reading across from her on the couch.

He immediately looked up from his book when Vivian groaned while hoisting herself up by her elbows.

"Look who finally woke up" he smirked.

"S-shut up, Nott" she muttered in a groggy voice. "What happened?"

Theodore hesitated before finally answering. "I'm not really sure. I found you in the corridor with Quinton; he was doing some sort of spell on you..."

As his voice droned out, patches of memory began making its way back to her.

21 September 1987

"Opal, be careful!" An eighth year old Vivian giggled.

"Oh relax Viv" Opal wined. "I know what I'm doing. Locomotor!"

They watched as the book began to lift from the table, and giggled once it began wabbling through the air towards them.

"Finite Incantatem!" Quinton yelled from across the room and the book fell down onto the floor.

"Quin, why did you do that!?" Opal yelled angrily.

"For fun."

"How is it fun to mess with someone's spells!?"

"Opal, what's happening to your eyes?" Vivian asked and looked curiously at Opal who immediately ducked her head into her hands.

3 February 1992

"I'm sorry about your face" Quinton muttered. "It was an accident. She didn't mean for it to happen."

"It's alright, Quin. It wasn't your fault" Vivian winced when she tried to smile. "I shouldn't have teased her about it anyway."

Twelve year old Quinton shook his head dismissively and took a seat next to her on the bathtub's rim. "Hey, after we get you fixed up I have something to tell you."

"What is it?" She blushed.

8 October 1992

"So you're really leaving?" Vivian muttered with tears in her eyes once she saw the siblings packing their bags.

"Yes. I'm sorry" Opal refused to make eye contact; it wasn't clear whether she was sorry about leaving or... Vivian's gashed hip.

"Why!? I don't want you to leave!"

"And we don't want to leave either; but they said that it's too dangerous for you if we stay" Quinton looked up from his packing and smiled sadly.

"P-promise me you'll write to me" Vivian ordered. "Everyday."

"I'll try" / "We promise."

She smiled and ran up to hug them; but a few seconds into the hug Quinton whispered something to himself...

6 July 1994

"Mum..." Vivian muttered to get the attention of the tall ravenette. "Why do I have a scar on my hip again?"

"You broke your wand when you were twelve and tried to preform a spell-" Her mother answered in a monotoned voice; almost like she had been practicing that line for years. "- And you ended up hurting yourself."

"Oh okay... What spell was I doing- or trying to do?"

...

"I can't remember."