trouble...

kie-

      the smell on jj's shirt was familiar. no idea where it was from, but familiar.
"bath. please," jj murmured, in my shirt, releasing from the hug. "uh, okay. lemme find you some stuff to wear." i stand up, and jog to my closet, finding one of his sweat sets. "kie!" my ears perk up to his scream. i run back into the bedroom. "jj, what's-"

jj is sobbing again, crying hard. "please don't let her come back. please, kie," he begs, coughing. the cough sounds gargled in his throat. "oh shit, jj," i quickly help him to the guest toilet, and he makes his body dead weight. he shakes his head frantically. "okay, okay." i scramble to help him to my bathroom.

    we make it in the nick of time because jj hurls his breakfast into the toilet.  i wince, scrunching up my nose. "i'm sorry, kie, i'm so sorry," he apologizes, still crying. "j, you don't have to apologize. you didn't do anything," i comfort, as he flushes the toilet, done with vomiting. "i'm sorry." i sigh, and start the bath for him.

     once it's ready, i make sure it's not too hot, and give jj some towels. i give him a soft smile, and walk out the bathroom.

      i start picking up tonight's disaster, from the cups, to wet bathing suits, to sheets that need to be burned. kidding, that's bad for the environment, so i'll just wash them and donate them.

      "kie," i hear jj slightly yell, and i walk to the bathroom. i open the door, and jj is sitting on the same spot on the floor. "help." i walk into the bathroom. "you would like for me to help you?" i check for confirmation. he nods, looking stoic.

      this wouldn't be the first time i've seen jj naked. one time he got blackout drunk and almost wandered into a party without any clothes on, saying that he was a nice model. of course, john b and pope opted out, so i had to put his clothes on and house him for the night. hiding a drunk jj in your house that your parents are asleep in is very, very hard.

       i step a bit closer to jj, and he steps back. i frown. i wish i knew who did this to him.

       i reach for his shirt delicately, lifting his arms to pull them from their sleeves. his necklace sits on his toned body, and i go for his pants, but get smacked instead. jj pulls down his own pants, shivering.

     i help him into the tub, one hand on my shoulder. i try not to look down, not because i'll get horny, but because seeing your best friend's junk when he is in a vulnerable state is bound for me to get nervous giggles.

       i hand jj his towel, and he slings the water all over him. he stares at the tile on the walls. "i'm gonna go check on jackson," i softly pat his shoulder.

i walk out of the bathroom, and softly open jackson's nursery door. he's now awake, and stirring around, about to let out a few cries. i pick him up. he definitely needs a change. i find a diaper in his closet, then turn on the lights. i change the soiled diaper to a new one, and throw it away. i rock jackson for a minute, and he falls back asleep.

       i walk back to the bathroom, and jj has gotten out of the bath, the water draining, and a towel around his waist. he looks at me, brushing his hair out of his face.

     he picks up his clothes and quickly moves past me. i whip around, weirded out by his speedy change in behavior.

     he almost drops his towel, but then gestures to the door. "okay, i'll go." calmly, i walk out of the room, closing the door.

      i stand against the wall, finding a black iphone on the floor. kendall or casey must have dropped it.

      anyway, i pocket the phone and attempt to open the door, but it's locked. "j, can i come in and get my stuff?" i ask kindly, but i can already hear his soft snores.

      "damnit," i say underneath my breath, and walk to the guest bathroom to go get an extra toothbrush. i brush my teeth, then take a shower.

   i finish showering, then go to the guest bedroom to get some clothes. i slip on an oversized tee and shorts, and grab some blankets and a pillow from the linen closet. i take the sheets off of the guest bed and get the mattress, sliding it into jackson's room. it's really hard to make this quiet, but i'm making it work. plus, the bed is a queen, so it's not that big.

   i put new sheets on the mattress, and plop the blankets and pillow down. i close the door and flop onto the mattress, and snuggle into the covers, hoping sleep can make this night from hell a little less bad.