goodbye yellow brick road

jj-

        so nervous that i might fuck around and go blind. is that possible? hell, i don't even know. maybe i shouldn't go in. if i get hurt, what's going to happen to jackson and kiara? i'm already turning the damn knob.

        fuck me.

       "you got some helluva nerve showing up back here, jj. where the hell have you been for the last two days, boy!" my dad slurs, slamming the door once i get in the house. i flinch, shake him off and go back to my room to get some clothes. "what the hell are you doing? this is my house, you -" i refuse to acknowledge the last word he called me. i quickly shove some clothes and shoes into my school backpack. dad stands in the hallway. "i said, put that shit down! you don't live here no more apparently." i shove past him. "i was with kiara, okay! is that alright? to live a life outside of this hellhole?" i scream, and my dad slaps me. "then get the hell out of my house! go get that little whore pregnant for all i fucking care." he smirks, and i shove him.

         he grabs me by my shirt, basically throwing me into a wall. the wind gets knocked out of me, and i gasp for air. my dad grabs me again, punching my face nonstop. blood pours from my nose. "stop, please," i plead, with his hands on my throat. black dots dance in my vision. "papa, please don't kill me," i beg like i did when i was seven, his face intoxicated with pure sadistic rage and bud light on his breath, taking pleasure in killing his son. "shut up boy! you wanna act like a tough guy, then i'll fucking treat you like one!" he cackles, tightening his grip.

        but then there's sudden relief. because kiara standing over me, pulling me up quickly. i catch the sight of my dad passed out, a small, but gushing cut on his head. dazed, i grab my bag.

kiara helps me into her car, and closes the door behind me. she dashes in slow motion to the other side of the car, gripping my hand. i slowly come to, and kiera's all ready speeding home. "oh my god, jj," she cries, hot tears on her face, and jackson is starting to fuss. "are you okay? i heard the yelling and something fell-" she chokes out a sob. i groan. "i'll b-b-be f-f-f-fine, kie," i stutter, trying not to cry myself. i traumatized her. "i'm so sorry you had to see that." i use my shirt to wipe off some of the blood. "don't do that! you can infect your cuts," she scolds, gulping. "i'm gonna call john b and sarah." she says, picking up her phone.

        she pulls into her driveway, and john b and sarah are already there. "your mom gave us your new address," he laughs, his face falling when he sees me. "holy fuck, jj! what happened!" he immediately runs to my side of the car. "sarah, help kie and jackson," he tells her, as he slides his arm around me, helping me get out of the car. i wince. "fuck," i mumble, hanging my head low. sarah runs over, and turns pale. "okay, kie, i'll get baby jackson," sarah tries to cheer kiara up, but she just looks upset.

         kiara gets jackson, and sarah gets his bag. john b helps me into the house. "where's the bathroom?" he frantically asks. "down the hall, second room on the left." i whisper, gulping. he takes off. i'm thirsty.

        i look back and kiara is crying, as well as jackson. "i need to change him and give him a bath. he smells like john b," she jokes, and sarah laughs. john b turns around, almost to the bathroom. "first of all, i smell fucking great, like coconut and vanilla." (s)he snaps back, moving his head sassily. "john b, you smell like low tide and ass cheeks. on a good day," i joke, and he gives me a small jab in my ribs. "ow, you dumb fuck!"