You Had Better Not Drop Me!

Maria sliced another Chitauri in half as she, Romanoff, and Barton continued to fight. Barton released a dozen people trapped in a flipped bus. 

"God, I've missed this!" Maria shouted to nobody in particular as she scorched a few more Chitauri.

"Really?" Romanoff said sarcastically. "Why would you miss all the time off you got for nine months?"

"I wouldn't call nine months of mourning for my brother 'time off'.  And besides, killing things is much more fun."

"That sentence is slightly concerning," Barton said.

All three of them lined up, shooting the enemy in their preferred way. 

"This is just like Budapest all over again!" Romanoff said to Barton.

"You and I remember Budapest very differently," Barton responded.

"Oh, do tell," Maria said.

"You have a serious problem with eavesdropping!" Romanoff yelled. 

"How was that eavesdropping?! You two were practically screaming!"

More Chitauri came out of nowhere. 

"I claim the ones to the right!" Maria shouted before wheel-kicking a Chitauri in the face.

"She can't be serious," Barton said to Romanoff, shooting a Chitauri soldier a few feet away from him.

"Oh, no. She is."

Dozens of Chitauri landed in a line a couple of yards away from Maria. She ran forward and skidded to a stop in front of them. As she slid along the asphalt, she sliced the lower gut of all the lined-up Chitauri. 

"Well, are you people going to do anything?!" Maria shouted, back-fisting a Chitauri as she rose from the ground. "Or are you just going to stand there watching me do all the work like a couple of assholes?!"

At that moment Cap leapt into battle beside Maria.

"You heard the woman," Cap said. 

Lightning bolts came from the sky, incinerating quite a few Chitauri. Thor landed next to Cap looking extremely upset. 

"What's the story upstairs?" Cap asked.

"The forcefield surrounding The Tesseract is impenetrable," Thor said. 

"Thor's right," Tony said through his earpiece. "We have to deal with The Chitauri."

"How are we supposed to do this?" Romanoff said. 

"As a team, duh!" Tony said.

"I have unfinished business with my brother," Thor stated. 

"In case you don't remember," Maria said. "I still have to have my little talk with Loki."

"Yeah, well, you had better have a hell of a lullaby to get that guy to go to sleep," Romanoff said, loading her gun. 

"I don't intend on making him go to sleep or singing."

"That's great!" Tony said. "We all value our ears, too!"

"As a matter of fact, Stark," Maria said coldly. "I do actually have a talented voice."

"Good for you!" Tony said sarcastically. "I'm sure we would all love to hear it, but right now we're trying to fight a battle!"

"Loki's going to keep this fight on us; that's what we need," Cap said. "Without him these things could run wild. Stark's up top he needs us to..." 

Cap trailed off as Banner drove up on a motorcycle that looked as if it would fall apart any second. The Avengers strode toward him as he dismounted.

"Well," Banner said. "This all seems horrible."