The Bonfire

Many, many awkward pauses later, Jacob and I had somehow managed to collect ourselves and head outside to the garage, where the guys would be waiting. It was a miracle, but I was able to walk out of the house with at least a strand of my innocence left.

My head had stopped bleeding. The mark wasn't even that big; it was more of a small cut that now had a Transformers band-aid over it. How it had managed to bleed so much was beyond me.

Now, only my thigh was wrapped in bandages. It didn't hurt too bad, but Jake still had to help me walk a bit.

Together, we walked outside to join the guys, Jacob's right hand on my lower back. My left side was leaning into his right, and surprisingly, even after our awkwardly naked encounter, I didn't mind our closeness.

Quil was the first to notice us, "Oh, hey, guys! Where were you- Woah, Alex, what the hell did you do to your leg?"

"I, uh... Crashed into a cd stand..." I muttered in reply, looking down.

It took about two seconds for all of the guys -excluding Jacob- to bust out laughing.

I glared at them, "This isn't funny!"

"Who crashes into a cd stand?" Paul asked through his laughter. Jared was leaning on the wall, trying to calm down. Quil was laughing outright, Seth was trying to hide his laughter, and Embry and Luke's laughing was so bad that they had to roll on the floor.

"I do, obviously," I snapped, blowing my bangs out of my face.

"Why?" Seth asked, a grin on his face. "How'd you crash into the stand?"

I flushed. "Oh, you know... By just tripping..."

"Wait... Jake's room has a cd stand..." Embry muttered, rising up from the floor.

"And it's the only cd stand in the house..." Luke added, smirking at me.

"So... What exactly were you two doing?" Quil asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively.

"Nothing!" Jacob and I exclaimed in unison.

"Very suspicious," Paul commented, narrowing his eyes at us.

"Wait... Jake, weren't you taking a shower?" Jared inquired. Both my eyes and Jacob's went huge.

"And Alex, weren't you looking for him?" Seth inquired, tilting his head in his adorable Seth way.

"What? No! Psh, of course I wasn't... What? Psh..." I waved my hand dismissively, praying that my face wasn't as red as it felt.

It took the guys about five more seconds to realize what had happened between Jacob and I.

And it took them no time at all to burst into laughter all over again.