𝔢𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱~ the enchantress

  ༻❀༺

ZOE AND THE OTHERS FINALLY MADE at Maryland, and Azalea could tell that the Pegasus, (who's name she learnt was Blackjack.) was getting tired by how he'd slowed down in speed. Percy noticed it too, and he told the flying horse to land right by the Washington Monument, go home and get some rest. Blackjack was more than happy to comply, Azalea went towards him, digging around her backpack for a snack she could give to the animal. It definitely wasn't easy for him to carry two people on his back and fly for hours. She finally found an apple, she had been saving for herself, but then again she had a lot of snacks in her bag.

"Here," she said with a straight face, wondering if he understood her as he understood Percy. "Sorry I called you dumb. Thanks for the ride."

Blackjack didn't hesitate before eating it right out of her hand, making her chuckle softly and petting his head, she always had a soft spot for animals. She figured he'd forgiven her, she sighed as she watched him fly away.

"Dr Thorn." Percy said, his eyes as wide as saucers.

"Huh?" Azalea quaked, following he's line of vision. Indeed, it was the Manticore, alive and well, he obviously had survived the fall. "He's alive?"

"He's been following them." Percy breathed, about to put on his invisibility cap. "I'm going after him, follow Thalia and the others."

Azalea scoffed and crossed her arms, "Oh, so I'm taking orders from you, now? I'm going after him too."

"No, you're not."

She folded her arms, "Yes, I am."

Percy sighed exasperatedly, does she ever listen? He thought.

"Look," he said. "I've got an invisibility cap. You don't. You're gonna get us caught if you come with me."

Azalea bit her bottom lips as she thought about it, he was right, she'd get them caught, and she didn't want to find out what would happen next if they were.

"Alright then, I'll go after Zoe and the others...not because you want me to, because I want to." She gripped the strap of her bag pack as they began to go their separate ways for now, she sighed softly as she turned around. "Hey."

Percy halted bracing himself for her next would-be insult, "what?"

"Be careful." She said, then she added, no wanting him to get the wrong ideas. "It'll be a real bummer if you get caught and murdered."

Percy rolled his eyes, a small hint of amusement in those green irises, "gee, thanks."

She chuckled at his sarcasm and went into the Museum of Air and Space.