𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫 ~dream doppelgangers

༻☆✫☆༺

AZALEA WASN'T NEW TO grief. Quite a few hunters had died all the centuries she'd been in the hunt, and she had literally outlived her entire family. So this pain, this sadness she hid under a mask of indifference was very familiar. She found herself wondering when was the last time she ever cried. She couldn't remember. Then again, she didn't remember a lot of things. Being immortal does that to someone.

Even when she hadn't known Bianca for long, she'd already missed her presence in the group. She felt angry at herself for wasting all the time she would have gotten to know Bianca by disliking and trying to ignore her existence.

But at the same time she was glad she hadn't been all that close to Bianca, it would have made the emptiness she felt now a hundred times worse. It would have made it unbearable.

She gazed at the seemingly endless white sand. Nico, he was there at Camp, waiting for a sister that would never come back. Then she remembered, she had overheard Percy promising to protect Bianca. She glanced at Percy who stared at the figurine in his hands with a saddened expression. And she almost felt sorry for enchanting him to stay put. Maybe he could have helped Bianca, maybe she'd still be here.

She made a vow within herself, that she'd never break the promise she made to Bianca. As long as she lived, she would make sure Nico was okay.

In an attempt to lighten up her mood, Azalea grabbed a chocolate bar from her backpack and ate silently and slowly.

"It should have been me." Percy began. "I should have gone into the giant." He was looking at Azalea as he said this, but she avoided his stare.

"Don't say that!" Grover exclaimed. "It's bad enough Annabeth is gone, and now Bianca. Do you think I could stand it if..." He sniffed. "Do you think anybody else would be my best friend?"

"Ah... Grover."

Under different circumstances, Azalea would have rolled her eyes. But she refrained from doing so, as of now there were much to think about.

The Titan's curse must two withstand. Azalea had no clue what that meant.

And one shall die by a parent's hand. The meaning was as clear as day, but who's parent would want their child dead? Azalea was a walking disappointment in her mother's eyes and she might have insulted Aphrodite on more than one occasion (four times actually). But she doubted her mother would want her dead and besides, it was against the ancient laws, a godly parent killing their own child stirred up all kinds of trouble.

Thalia? Percy? Understandable. Azalea wouldn't be all that surprised if one of them died. Hades, they weren't even supposed to be alive in the first place.

Grover? Not even an option, she wasn't sure why anyone would want Goat Boy dead.

Zoë? She quickly brushed off the thought, although she didn't know much about Zoë's past. They never talked about their pasts and avoided such discussions. So she knew little to nothing about Zoë's life before the hunt, she knew nothing about Zoë's family.

Azalea must have been so deep in thought, that she hadn't noticed Percy shifting so that he was sitting beside her. Azalea flinching a bit and slightly scooted away at the close proximity, getting a bit uncomfortable. But she hid it well.