part twelve - trouble sleeping (sfw)

cw i might use some swear words. we'll see <3

it's 6:30am. you're notorious for having problems sleeping, but tonight it was even worse. your eyes were dry, breathing hurt, your chest hurt, everything hurt and all you wanted to do was sleep. so what was stopping you? who knows.

you tossed and turned in bed noticeably uncomfortable as the hours ticked by. your boyfriend schlatt never seemed to have these issues. he could fall asleep in seconds. he was actually rather proud of it.

you tossed and turned some more, not trying to wake schlatt up but knowing it would probably happen on accident. you heard some grumbling from his side of the bed. oops.

"babe..." he groaned as he hazily reached for his phone to check the time. "it's six in the morning. i feel like i'm trying to sleep on a 7/11 hotdog grill with how much you're moving. have you been to sleep yet?" he rubbed his eyes and turned to your side of the bed, hoping you were facing his direction.

you took a second to stop and think. "did he just compare sleeping with me to being a gas station hotdog?" you take a breath. "no, i haven't been to sleep yet.. i can't get my eyes to stay closed. i want to fall asleep so bad but i can't." you yawned.

"well.. i know one way to get you to close your eyes." he said with a grin. "no, not that. c'mere." he pulled you closer to him and pressed your face to his chest. his arm was behind your neck, both supporting you and also perfectly allowing his hand to play with your hair right at your scalp, almost holding you down against him. "try keeping your eyes open now, betcha can't, huh?"

"i totally could. don't try me-" you said before yawning oncemore and slowly starting to drift off. you were out before you knew it, but it wasn't hard with his heartbeat in your ear and him playing with your hair.

schlatt looked down to see if you were still awake, just to see you finally fell asleep. he carefully leaned down, kissing the top of your head and letting out a small chuckle.

"attaboy. gets 'em every time."