Chapter 5

I don't get any sleep that night. Instead, I spend the whole night researching the Lord, his family, and his castle. I devour pages of Ravenstorm history hoping for any tidbit of information that could help me.

When I finally leave my room, sleep-deprived and hungry, I go looking for Rein. I'm not one for apologies, but I do feel bad for what I said. I enter her room but find it empty. It's too early for her to be out and she never does anything aside from reading and training. I walk downstairs to the training room but only Damon is there. He swings around a large greatsword. His form is fine but he needs to start using the weight of the sword to strengthen his blows

"Gods! Ani, don't sneak up on me like that!" Damon exclaims as I walk into the room. In all honesty, I didn't even try. I have no clue why Myka keeps this waste of space around when Damon's salary is as large as it is.

"Where is Rein?" I ask, not caring whether or not he had gotten startled, which just proves he's way below my level. He wipes his brow with his shirt, revealing toned muscles. Not that I was ever romantically interested in Damon, or any human for that matter, but he is good looking. That's undeniable.

"Haven't seen her since you two got back from your assignment yesterday. Come to think of it, I haven't seen you either. Where have you been?" He looks over at me. I don't want to tell anyone about my plan to infiltrate the castle. So I walk out, ignoring Damon and his poor swordsmanship.

I head towards Myka's office. Maybe he sent Rein on a new assignment. As I approach the office, I hear Rein's voice muffled through the walls as she says, "You shouldn't let Ani take jobs that don't come through you. You should have found a way to keep her under contract. She is too valuable to let run loose! She could get herself mixed up with the wrong people. They would hurt her, or worse, she could die!"

How dare her! I open the door and burst into Myka's large office.

"Oh sorry! Was I interrupting something?" I say, striding into the room and placing my hands on my hips. "Because from what I heard, Rein thought she was the boss. Isn't that right Rein, dear?" I say as I walk up and I grab Myka's emerald and ruby gold hilted dagger off of his desk and start flipping it in my hand.

"Anidaya!" Myka shouts "How dare you! Entering my office without invitation, and your overall blatant disrespect! Get out at once!" I chuckle and stab the dagger into the large wooden desk.

"How dare me?" I ask leaning back in my chair. Myka grabs the dagger from the desk and fumes. "How dare you, I only work for you because of the publicity" I turn to Rein now. "And I only work with you" I emphasize. "Because you aren't a good enough assassin to work on your own." I swing my legs off of the desk and slam my feet against the ground. "I quit Myka, I'll see you in Hell!" With that I stand up and stomp out of the room, slamming the door so hard the room shakes. I head to my room to prepare for my evening plan.

My room is lavish and beautiful, a four poster bed with silk sheets, a desk covered in books, papers, and weapons, and a fireplace that I always have burning to keep the room sweltering. I slump down onto the bedand pick up my journal where I write my plans and review the pages that I wrote about the Lord. I review it until I commit it to memory. Once I memorize it, I rip out the pages and throw them into the fireplace.

I send the letter out by seven in the evening, requesting a meeting with the Lord. He is what the people would call a "kind lord." He enjoys helping people and will often accept meeting requests from troubled citizens. Considering I am a citizen of Ravenstorm, I should be no exception. It reads.

My dear Lord Tyrovar,

I request a meeting with you tomorrow evening at nine o'clock.

I will await your response.

With much admiration,

The Bloodbringer

P.S. I am coming without weapons so I hope you dain to give me the same hospitality you show your people.

We will see what he says. For now, I am going to wreak havoc on Myka Doronath.