Chapter 23- Moving On?

Start from the beginning

I nodded. "Yeah. Everything is fine. Why not live it up a bit?"

Everything is fine, I repeated in my head, trying to make myself believe it.  I was gonna be fine, or at least I hoped I would.

* * *

"So, Geoff, what was up with that song?"

"What song?", I had zoned out. I could barely hear Jerry over the wind anyway. I decided to let him take the Ferrari for a spin, hoping it would distract him from asking me about Ava again.

"The one you were writing last night. Had me feeling some type of way."

"Nothing. It was nothing. Just some stupid melody stuck in my head, I don't know. It wasn't anything serious."

"I don't know.", said Jerry as he turned a corner. "Sounded pretty serious to me."

He was right. It was crazy how he had been right a lot lately. That's when you know I fucked up, when Jerry is right more than once. But that song was serious. I had started writing it right after I left that night, when I was still a little drunk, but never ended up scrapping it. It had been finished for a while, but I always found myself coming back to it. The words I had written still resonated in my head.

Tell her that I'm a wreck and its getting hard to breathe...

I was a walking train wreck. No girl had ever made me feel the way Ava did, and without her I was just lost. There was no other way to explain it. She was stubborn, yet sensitive. Fun loving, yet grounded. She was my rock and now I had nothing to keep me from spiraling out of control. Maybe that was an exaggeration but either way, I knew I was whipped. I was just to stupid to figure out how to properly fix all my problems. That's why my pride finally got in the way and decided I should let things try and fix themselves.

But that wasn't working out very welll for me, to be honest.

Jerry must be picked up on my energy,because he didn't say anything the rest of the car ride. We pulled into a little shopping center, packed with pekple. You could see by how the horizon looked that we weren't too far from the beach.

"So, what are you planning on doing here?", I asked Jerry curiously as we got out the car.

"What else? The girls. It was either this or a strip club, and you're not the strip club type of guy. Besides, I wouldn't find anyone decent around there anyway." Jerry was really my boy. I appreciated him looking out for me but his idea of recovering from a breakup was completely different from mine. I didn't protest though. I had to act like everything was fine.

We chilled for a bit, and I tried my best to distance myself from Jerry as he utilized what he called his "chick magnet tactics" but overall I wasn't completely miserable. I mean, Jerry was a pretty fun loving guy. It was hard to be completely depressed around him.

"Oh my god oh my god oh my god.", squealed a voice behind us.

I turned to see a girl running towards us excitedly.

"Oh my God, you're Prince Royce. Wow. Oh my God, I love your music."

I smiled. So she was a fan. She looked familiar, but I didn't recognize her from one of the fans from Twitter. She had long dirty blond hair with highlights and grey-blue eyes. She was tanned from many days spent over by the beach and she was a native of Miami, that much I could tell. Overall, she was pretty cute, I had to admit. Jerry must've thought he same thing, judging NY the look you gave me. I raised an eyebrow, wondering if I should

"Can I get a picture?", asks the girl excitedly, pulling out her phone.

"Yeah, sure.", I told her with a smile.

"Here can you take it for us?", she hands Jerry her phone before getting into position with me. "Thank you so much.", she said after the photo was taken.

"Anything for a fan.", I say. "Hey, have I met you before though? Like a meet and greet or something?"

She shook her head. "No. This is my first time meeting you. But I'm a really big fan. My name's Lisandra. Lisandra De La Cruz."

That's when it clicked. "Oh, I know who you are. Weren't you a finalist on Nuestra Belleza Latina? Like 2010?"

"2012." She corrected. (A/N yeah, i know she was on in 2010 but that would make her almost thirty so no lol.) "But I was. I repped Cuba."

I didn't remember that season very much, but I understood why she made the cut. She really was pretty. Jerry nudged me a little. He looked from me to Lisandra again with a look I recognized. It was the "you better ask for her number before I do." type of look.

"It was really nice meeting you.", she said with a smile. "But I'm sure you don't want me putting a cramp on your vacation or whatever."

"Wait, Lisa...can I call you Lisa?"

"That's fine.', she said with a laugh.

"You're welcome to come hang with us for a little. I mean, I have nothing better to do."

"Ay dios mio, really? Can my friend Veronica join us?", she gestured towards a girl who was waiting in the background.

"Sure she can.", Jerry answered for me. He didn't seem to have a problem with that.

After all, what was a better remedy for my mood than roaming the beautiful beaches of Miami with a beautiful girl?

- o - o -

ooh, how y'all feelin?

yeah, this was better in my head lol. anyways, please vote and comment ❤

love y'all ❤❤