Chapter 1

"Yshee, bangon na! You'll be late sa school!" malakas na sigaw ni mamita kasabay ng kaniyang malakas na katok sa pintuan na siyang agad na nagpagising saakin. Kinusot ko ang aking mata at humikab. I immediately reached my phone after I have gain my senses and checked the time. It's already 7:00 o'clock in the morning and my class will start on 8:00. I move slow and that's my serious problem in this kind of situation. What the hell, you know.

After I took a bath and did my morning rituals including my skin care routine, I just took a bite of bread with egg, and a little sip of coffee until I call on my mamita that I'll be heading to school already. So this is how my morning goes. Just a typical morning. The school was near that I can just walk just to go there. There's no problem in walking because of the fresh air of province and the sunlight that playfully dances on my skin. What a day it is.

It's been 2 years since I moved here. At first, I thought that the city was much better than the province. But if you idealize a fresh and lazy morning with people whom you can easily cope with and a quiet life, province is the best.

I ran as fast as I could when I start hearing the alarm from school that indicates that the class will start soon. Ayoko namang mapagalitan ni Ma'am De Vera 'no. I was the class president and she keeps on telling me that I should be a role model to my classmates. Ayoko namang salubungin ang nakataas na naman niyang kilay.

"Oh, pres! Kamusta?!" bati ni renzo, my classmate. Kadalasan ay siya ang nauunang pumasok kaya siya ang tagahawak ng susi. Kababalik niya lang sa walis tambo at dust pan dahil katatapos niya lang maglinis .
"Ano chika, girl? Share mo naman. "salubong naman ni ella. Galing na naman siguro 'to sa cr dahil ayos na ayos ang kilay niya.
"Uy blooming si señora ah!" pambobola pa ni marl-ang isa sa pinakalokong classmate ko. But despite his personality, he's my listener everytime na nagrarant ako.

At ang maiingay na bati ng aking mga kaklase ng pumasok ako sa aming room. Hopefully, wala pa si ma'am de vera since may urgent meeting sa office. Kaya naman napahinga ako ng maluwag at masayang umupo sa upuan ko. Usually if I have nothing to do, I open a book and just read it until there's a teacher to attend our class or one of them to give us task. But now, I decided to look around our room.

Maingay.
Magulo.
Daldalan at kung ano anong ingay ang maririnig mo.

Napapangiti nalang ako dahil naging parte ito ng buhay ko. Being a high school is hard but fun. Maybe you haven't learned all the life lessons you must learn in this life but you start opening your eyes on the things that this world has. You start being open-minded. You start being aware on issues not just on your life, but on other lives and everyone lives.

Tumitingin nalang ako sa mga kaklase ko isa isa. Examining each of them and thinking if someone needs a counsel or a company. And if someone has, I oftenly attend to them just to ease what they feel and to talk how their day was.

Being with my classmates and as a class president for 2 consecutive years taught me a lot of lessons. That I should not let them feel that they are alone and they can have me as someone whom they can share their burdens and worries with. I don't want them to feel ignored just liked what I have felt before. I want them to feel heard and seen... at least.

I saw Jay.
By the way he acts and the way he is not talkative today, I bet he had a fight with his girlfriend again. He's my friend since I transferred here. He's jolly, his appeal as a man is strong, medyo mahangin at moreno and he's a bit interested in politics which made me find him agreeable. But being friends with him is enough. I don't want to reach the level beyond frienship with him. And as much as possible, I don't want to be the subject of his girlfriend's jealousy. That darn thingy, is hard you know. Let me be clear, he's not my type.