13

"𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐌 𝐈 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃 to sit?" I muttered to myself

"𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐌 𝐈 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐏𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐃 to sit?" I muttered to myself. Glancing around the sitting area, someone shoved me to the side. I spun around and said, "What was that for?"

"You're in the way, little lady," an older man said, pointing behind me. "The game has already started, and there are people here who would like to see it."

Clenching my jaw, I gave him a smile before moving out of his way. The crowd was silent as the six people fight in the arena, which was terrible for me. I told Tahno that I wouldn't be late, but somehow, I forgot about the match. I made my way forward, bypassing a couple of people who were walking up the stairs. I wasn't even sure if I was on the right side, or if there was even a right side to sit on. 

I saw an opening in the seats and hurried over to it. Just as I was going to sit down, the person that was next to the open seat placed their hand on the metal and said, "Someone is sitting here."

"Right, sorry." 

I pulled my bag closer to my body as I moved away from that rude person. Everywhere I looked, all the seats were filled. The tension in the crowd was growing as I walked around, and I was hoping that it wasn't because of me. Tahno would have told me to just sit down anywhere, but that wasn't me. I was socially awkward, and that meant I wasn't about to ask a stranger for a seat. Anyway, these people were so intense and scary, so there was no way I'd ask them for a seat. 

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a lady waving her hand at me. Turning on my heel, I frowned at her. She beckoned for me, so I quickly walked over there. "You look like you need a seat," she says, smiling up at me with a friendly smile. 

"I do," I said, sitting down next to her. A little girl was sitting on the ground in front of the woman, playing with something. "Thank you so much."

"You're welcome," she says, brushing her light brown hair out of her eyes. She stuck her hand out, so I took it. "I'm Sarrin, by the way."

A gasp escaped my lips. "Sarrin? Do you happen to know Jaiki?"

"Yeah. She's a close friend of mine." Sarrin laughed, saying, "She loves telling people about me, though she doesn't do it a lot since I asked her not to. Did she give you a loaf of bread?"

"Yeah!" Grinning over at her, I shook my head. "Small world, huh?"

Sarrin laughed again, and she reached out toward the girl, who I assumed was her daughter. "Everyone knows my husband, so it's a surprise that you know me." She shook her head, her eyes bright. "So, who are you here for?"

"What do you mean?"

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you seem like you don't want to be here. That means you have a reason to be here."

"You are very insightful." My heart dropped slightly when I glanced out at the arena. I didn't know which one Tahno was, and I was further up, so I couldn't tell anyway. "My brother is on the Wolfbat team. He's the leader, but I don't come around much, so I wouldn't know."