09

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 door jingled as the person left the shop with their clothes, and I sighed as I sat back down at my desk

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐄 door jingled as the person left the shop with their clothes, and I sighed as I sat back down at my desk. My eyes fluttered shut as a wave of exhaustion hit me. For some reason, I couldn't fall asleep last night. I had a slight headache when I got into bed, so maybe that was the reason. Or maybe it was because I couldn't stop thinking about Mako. I asked Tahno about him before bed, and he said that their pro-bending teams hated each other, which was a bad thing for me. His smile was stuck in my mind, making me think about him, even though I didn't want to at all. 

There was something about Mako that made me feel happy and confused and mad all at once. Feeling all those emotions and more wasn't pleasant. It made my head ache and my heart race and my stomach flutter. I felt slightly sick, but that had to be because of the multiple emotions racing through me. 

I needed to get my mind off of him, so I lift my head off of my arms. That was a bad thing. For the second time that month, dizziness hit me like a ton of bricks. I grip the side of the desk so that I wouldn't fall out of my chair. Just as soon as it came, it suddenly left. I was left reeling in my seat, my head clearing up. Thankfully Nora was somewhere else when that happened. I didn't want to be sent home because of a little dizzy spell. 

Instead of worrying about my dizziness, I busied myself with Mako's scarf. After leaving it alone for a couple of days, I thought that I'd be able to figure out what was wrong with it. I smoothed the scarf down on the table and grab my glasses from my bag. Slipping them on, I leaned in close and examined the scarf and the areas of the scarf that was threadbare and coming apart. As I looked at it, my hands ran over the scarf, feeling the different textures of the different areas. And for a moment there, I could feel the emotion tied to it. There was a strong presence of joy and happiness, yet there was some sadness tied to the joy. Mako said that it was his family's, so that's where the joy came from. Where did the sadness come from?

Drawing my hands away from the scarf, I grab a needle and some of the red thread that I bought the other day. Squinting at the needle, I struggled to thread it. Every single time, the freaking thread missed the eye on top of the needle. It didn't help that my hands were shaking slightly and my eyesight wasn't very good up close, even with my glasses. My eyesight had gotten worse since the last time I had gotten my eyes checked. 

Letting out a frustrated sigh, I dropped the needle and thread to the table. Just for once, things need to go right for me, but the Spirits thought that things shouldn't. Right when I was going to try to thread the needle one more time, the bell above the door jingled. I let out another sigh and set the things down on the table, slipping my glasses off of my face. 

Standing up, I glance over at the door. My eyes were still adjusting, so I couldn't tell who had come in. I knew for sure it was a guy and a girl, but that was about it. Nora walked out of the back room and called out, "Welcome to The Silk Bacui! If you two need any help, you can talk to me and Raya!"