26: Miss you the most

"The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too."
~Ernest Hemingway

We just recorded the biggest sale we've had since the month started and it is a thirty per cent rise against the previous month and how Oluchi and Francis did it, I would never know. This is part of my obligations and though it wasn't the most important, it was nice to be around my two PAs because they were two of the few people who didn't loathe Anna. They saw a side in her that they could work with and that is a good thing.

"It's all you, Ms Wilson," Francis praises while he claps his hands.

I roll my eyes, "I did nothing." I state which in my defence is true. "I only had a thirty seconds talk with Mrs Cecil the rest was all, you guys."

"Well, she said you were the most welcoming designers she ever met and would be working with you and making her purchases here from now on."

My cheeks head up and my eyes flutter as they make the aww noises and give me cute puppy dog looks.

"Fine, to celebrate you guys lunch is on me," I announce and the two cheer happily and clap even more. "Just to be clear, don't get anything above $100 or Darius will know."

"Thank you, Ms Wilson."

"Thanks, guys," I commend before walking away into my office. I continue with my designs once seated and though I gave it a break when Elizabeth came to visit a day ago.

I resumed sketching yesterday as a way to take my mind off a lot of things, like worrying myself to death by thinking if Eli was okay or not. I pick up the wedding gown I just finish sketching out to glance at it and find the missing parts but I find none and I drop it down on the desk.

The last call we made, Eli told me he would be coming back yesterday and throughout yesterday I heard nothing from him. It was unusual and the Eli I've gotten to know would have called if something happened and so far he hasn't. I knew I was going to drive myself crazy with thought and began sketching and luckily for me, Elizabeth came visiting and she still until evening.

My heart wanders to him now and then and I wish he was close by, that way it would be easier to go to him, but he isn't closer and all I can do is hope and pray he's okay.

Since Anna pointed out that I cared about him, I haven't been able to get it out of my head. I care about him a lot and in his absence, my heart has created room for him. The little flutters I feel whenever I think about him testify to the truth and I have to remind myself that deep affections and emotional feelings are not something that should exist within me for him. I wish it was that simple. He's spent a total of five days away in the UK with Amade and Keffi and I do feel angry that she's there with him every step of the way while I was here, unable to do anything. The jealousy ate me up even though I was in no place to be jealous because he wasn't mine.

I place my head on the desk and my eyes shut and I count down the day's left in my head.

Seven more days until this nightmare ends and I wouldn't have to compel my heart to not want too much because I will be in a place so far, I'll have to give up. My heart is already breaking at the thought of having to someday leave Eli.

"You don't seem like one who just made the biggest sale for the month." The concern Eli has in his voice when it came to me was always heartwarming and I can never get enough of it.

Wait...., What?

My head snaps up after realising it isn't my imagination but that Eli is here, now, standing in the office. My face breaks into a non-dismissible grin that causes my cheeks to burn. He's wearing a black long sleeve on a pair of black jean trousers. His hair a little unkempt and his grey eyes hidden behind his glasses, looking like one that has lacked a lot of sleep and there are a few days hold stubbles scattered all over his face, giving him a rough but good look.