𝐈𝐈𝐈.𝐗𝐕

Start from the beginning

Fury nodded slightly but instead of staying on the previous conversation, he decided to cut straight to the point.

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts say he's building something." Fury announced.

Lila ran over to Darla with a piece of paper that she had spent the past few minutes drawing on. Darla look that paper with a smile. Lila had drawn a picture of Darla and Steve with the words  'Crash And Cap Forever' in big bold letters at the top.

"That's amazing." Darla smiled, looking up to Steve who also had a smug grin on his face. "Thank you." She whispered.

"The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury continued.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve questioned as he watched Darla fold up the picture and place it into her back pocket.

"Oh, he's easy to track. He's everywhere." The guys multiplying fast that a Catholic rabbit. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though." Fury answered.

"Is he still going after launch codes?" Tony questioned as he threw some darts.

"Yes he is." Fury nodded. "But he's not making any headway."

Darla placed her hands over Steve's wrists. Steve smiled at the small gesture and placed a soft kiss on the top of her head.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Tony bragged.

"Well, I contacted our friends at the Nexus about that." Fury added.

"Nexus?" Steve questioned curiously, not hearing the name before.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo." Bruce cut in before Fury even had an attempt to explain. "Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on earth."

"So what did they say?" Clint questioned joining the group, now that his family had gone upstairs to bed.

"He's fixated on the missiles." Fury responded. "But the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?" Tony questioned as Clint threw a dart into the dart board, dangerously close to Tony's face.

"Parties unknown." Fury shrugged.

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha questioned, speaking up for the first time in a while.

"Ultron's got an enemy. That's not the same thing." Fury told the red head. "Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

Steve allowed his hands to drop to Darla's waist, his fingers tracing small patterns on her exposed skin. Darla let a small blush appear on her face as Tony sent her a playful wink before saying,

"I might need to visit Oslo. Find our unknown."

"Well this is good time, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha said as she looked up to Fury.

"I do. I have you. Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere. Ears, everywhere else. I had Darla telling me exactly what was gonna happen." Fury motioned over to Darla, making everyone turn and look at her.

Despite her not working for Fury, she was always happy enough to help him out if he presented a good enough reason.

"You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are back on Earth, with nothing but our wit and our will to save the world." Fury paused. "Ultron says the Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And whether or not he admits it, his mission is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Natasha teased looking up to the man.

"Oh I'd have to disagree." Muttered Darla, making everyone chuckle.

"You know what, baby?" Steve span the girl around quickly, making her gasp slightly.

"Sorry." She whispered innocently.

"So, what does he want?" Fury questioned taking a seat at the table.

"To become better." Steve responded, trying to ignore the blush that was forming on his cheeks and the way that Darla had wrapped her arms around his torso and rested her head on his chest. She could hear his heart rate, which was rapidly increasing. She tried her best to bite back a smirk. "Better than us. He keeps building bodies."

"Person bodies." Tony jumped in. "The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking, we're outmoded but he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Taunted Natasha as she looked between Bruce and Tony.

"They don't need to be protected. They need to evolve." Bruce muttered as he looked down to the picture of a butterfly that Lila drew Natasha earlier. "Ultron is going to evolve."

"How?" Fury questioned curiously.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce questioned, now worried for the doctor.