Let You Down

*Andys POV*

i woke up before Katheryn did, so i stayed still while on my phone. when she woke up she said she had a headache, and then she looked at her bruised and scabbed hands, and started crying again. i tried calming her down but she just kept saying how scary it was. i eventually got her calm then stood up and helped her stand up, she said her legs were sore. i took her into the kitchen and poured her some coffee.

"thank you.." she said quietly while adding sugar, cream, etc. to her coffee.

"for what?" i asked stirring mine.

"picking me up," she paused

"how did you know where i was?" she looked at me, but i didnt look back. i sighed and hesitated

"because i used to do that shit, not the drugs but ya know," i stopped but she didnt seem to be following. i sighed.

"ya know, give it to some poor sucker. watch them go ballistic." i looked down in shame

"i always thought it was so funny, but seeing you like that.." i trailed off. i turned to walk away and went to sit on the couch.

"it wasnt something i wanted to see" i said taking a sip of the hot liquid, burning my upper lip a little. she hobbled in and sat next to me slowly.

"have you ever been the poor sucker?" she asked looking ahead.

"actually i was, but i was barely eight teen" i added quickly.

"but how did you know where i was?" she asked

"well its obvious when you hear laughing and shouting while someones screaming their head off in the background," i paused

"i hated that it was you though". it was quiet for a few minutes, until she put her head on my shoulder.

"what happened when it happened to you?" she asked. i remembered it so vividly.

"well i was invited to a party, and i was already familiar with drinking so i wasn't afraid. i was handed a bottle and took a sip, then it hit me. everything started going slow motion, but went back to normal but with vibrant colors. everything was so clear and beautiful, it was great, until i tried to speak. my own voice scared me senseless. i screamed but only scared myself more. i had to go to the hospital because.." i trailed off.

"because?.." she asked

"because i kept scratching at my mouth and my cheeks. i wanted it to go away, i wanted to run away from it. but you cant run from yourself. by this point my hands were covered in goop, and i ran outside alone. i was still on the trip, so everything was twisted. i remember running and running and running and not wanting to stop. i mustve found a bus stop that night because i woke up in one, my hands covered in blood with skin under my nails. my skin. man, when i looked in the mirror i scared myself. my cheeks were scraped and dirty and crusted with dry blood.. it was the worst thing i had ever seen.. until last night." i finished then reached to lace our fingers, but stopped when she winced from the pain in her knuckles.

"im sorry" she croaked, sounding as if she was about to cry. i shifted so my arm could go around her shoulders, but when i felt the leather jacket i pulled away and stood up. "hold on" i walked into my room and got one of my shirts, i didnt have any sweatpants to fit her so i got a pair of basketball shorts. i came back out to give them to her so she could change out of that...thing. i left the room so she could just stay there and change. i cant let her get hurt. she needs to be protected. i'll be the one to do it.

**CONTINUATION ON // ANDREWDENNISBVB**