Mari x Reader

Mari's Perspective

I begin to walk out with the crowds as I leave the concert I went to. I went to watch a performance from a metal band I like called Death Boss. They're from Yokohama but occasionally go on tour. The vocalist is a slim, pale man with upright blue hair and plays guitar as well. (Reference to a character from a game I've been playing, feel free to guess who it is) As I left, I bumped into someone and fell.

I looked up and saw that a man was holding out his hand to me. "Sorry, my bad." he said. As he looked at me, he smiled and for some reason as I looked at him, I felt a warm feeling in my chest.

I took his hand and he helped me up. I said "It's fine."

Looking at him, he's about a head taller than me. I was about to try to start a conversation with him when two boys called out to him "Y/n, you coming or not?"

He looked away from me towards them before returning to me and saying "Again I'm sorry, now it seems like I've got to be going."

He began to walk away, giving me a final wave before he left.

As I continued to leave the venue, I couldn't stop thinking about him. As I walked, I quietly said "Y/n, I hope I see you again."

--------------------------------------

One day, Dia, Kanan, and I were hanging out together and when we were starting to walk back to our homes together, I saw someone waving as their friends began to get on the bus to Numazu before he turned around. As he turned around, I was surprised at who it seemed like it was. The boy was slouching a bit as he walked and he had a bored expression on his face, but it looked like it was Y/n, the boy I bumped into at the concert.

I don't know if I'll run into him again so I turned to Kanan and Dia and said "I'm sorry but I think I'm gonna split up here."

"Why? Do you need to do something?" Kanan asked

I pointed to Y/n and said "See that boy? I bumped into a concert a bit ago and I'm kind of interested in him so I want to talk to him again and I don't know if I'll see him again."

"Good luck." said Kanan

I then left the two of them and started walking over to him

Y/n's Perspective

As Jun and Kei got on the bus I yawned and turned around. I think I'll drop by a convenience store and grab something to eat before I head home. I was hanging out with the two of them and we just wandered around town and talked about whatever.

As I walked, I heard a girl's voice behind me say "You're Y/n right?"

I turned around to see a cute girl with blonde hair. "I am, do I know you?"

She then said "We met at the Death Boss concert a bit back."

As she said that, I realized who she was "Oh yeah, you're the girl I bumped into. It's nice to see you again. Um... what's your name?"

"It's Mari Ohara." she answered

"I'm Y/n L/n. So what did you need?" I asked. Did she just want to confirm it was that guy she bumped into at the concert? Or was there some other reason.

"I just saw you and since you caught my interest at the concert, I was wondering if you and I could talk for a bit." Mari said.

"Sounds good.

Me and Mari then ended up walking around the neighborhood talking to each other and learning about each other. After we split up and I started walking back to my home, I mumbled to myself "Mari huh? I think I may be into you."

-------------------------------------

After being friends with Mari for a while, I've come to decide that I want to tell her how I feel about her and hopefully she'll reciprocate. I went and changed into some clothes that look a bit better, If I do confess I want to look decent when I do. And honestly, I've been lazing around the house today just relaxing since I don't have school today.

I left the house and headed over to her family's hotel in hopes of finding her there. I talked to the person at the front desk asking if she was there, and I was told that she had apparently left not too long ago to go on a walk to get some fresh air.

I left the hotel and started walking the path we would take when we would walk around talking. And I increased the distance of my gait so that I soon saw Mari walking and looking out at the ocean beside her. I came up to her and tapped her on the shoulder.

Mari turned around and looked at me and said "Hey Y/n. What's up?"

"Hey Mari, I need to tell you something." I said

"What is it?" she said

I said to her "Mari, I love you. When I first bumped into you I found you beautiful and the day you came up to me and we began to talk I fell in love with you."

In response, Mari approached me and gave me a kiss and said "I love you too Y/n."

Overjoyed with her returning my feelings we then embraced each other, holding each other close. Spending time with her making all my concerns and worries something forgotten and I hope to alway be by her side to support her and love her.

-----------------------------------------------

A/n: Mari's my favorite member of Aquors and I have to say that her taste in music is most similar to mine. Originally I wanted the main character to be a person who was really reserved usually but was confident and open when excited, but in the end I felt that in a oneshot there wasn't enough space to show that as a part of his personality and I felt like it was something that if stated it would detract for the trait. I kept on second guessing the decisions I made on this and having to cover up any hints of removed content but in the end I got it out and I'll try to get more out this week.