Chika x Reader

"Don't worry Y/n, I'm sure you'll make some friends around here in no time, maybe you'll even reconnect with those old friends of yours." Dad said.

"Right, thanks Dad" I said with an attempt to smile. I look out at the ocean and remember what it was like when I was last here in Uchiura. I was born here and played with a couple of kids my age but due to my Dad's work, we had to move to Okinawa when I was seven. I don't remember too much from living here, but maybe some memories will be dredged up as we live here. Now, my Dad's work has brought us back here and we're moving here. "So where are we going?"

"We're still waiting for the paperwork to be finalized before we can move into our new home so for two or three days we'll be staying at the Takami Ryokan. You may not remember this, but your mother and I were really close to the Takamis" Dad answered.

I shrugged and said "Sure" before we returned to silence.

-------------------------------------

We eventually reached our destination and as we entered the Ryokan we were greeted by a girl who seemed to be my age and had orange hair and pink eyes. She was pretty cute and seemed familiar.

"Welcome to The Takami Ryokan. Follow me please." she said.

We followed her to the counter and Mom then said "Is that you Shima? You've grown up so much since we've last been here."

The girl who I guess is named Shima then looked at Mom for a second before she said "Wait, is that you Mrs. L/n? What are you all doing here?"

"We're moving back for my work." Dad explained

"It seems like Chika is well. How's your mother?" Mom then said. I stopped listening to their conversation after that as I remembered why Chika seemed familiar. I occasionally played with her and her friends when my parents brought me over with them when they would visit. I think she was born a couple of months before me but we should be the same age. As obvious as it is, she's grown up a ton since I last saw her and I would imagine that she's forgotten about me since I've forgotten about her. It only makes sense, we haven't been in each other's lives for nine whole years and we only played occasionally back then anyway.

Soon enough, I felt my shoulder tapped and was returned to reality by Dad as he asked "Do you remember how you used to play with Chika and her friends when we would come and visit?"

Still a little distracted, I replied "A little."

My parents returned and got our room keys and Shima then called Chika back over and with a smile on her face, asked us to take us to our room.

As we reached our room, Chika said "Excuse me, but you guys seem familiar."

Dad chuckled and said "Well we used to live here but we moved away when you were just seven. My wife and I are friends of your parents. Do you remember my son, Y/n?"

"Y/n? You mean the boy that when he was here Kanan, Yō, and I would play with?" She then looked at me and said "Your Y/n?"

Unsure what to say, I raised my hand and said "Hello."

She began to smile brightly and said "It's so good to see you, I didn't think I'd see you again."

"I'm happy to know that you remembered me. We haven't seen each other or spoken in nine years after all." I responded.

Chika looked like she was about to say something before she stopped herself and said "I bet you don't remember your way around town so if you want, I could show you around tomorrow."

"That sounds great." I replied.

"Great! I'll see tomorrow then!" Chika happily said before leaving us.