Hanamaru x Reader

Today is a great sunny day and since school is over for today, I'll head to one of my places to relax and read outside. I went out to a field of grass not too far from the ocean. I headed to the tree I always lay in the shade of and saw a girl with brown hair was already reading there.

I approached the tree and to get her attention so I tried to be funny and said "Nice book. Good words?" The girl looked up at me and began to giggle at what I said so I guess I succeeded. I then said "Do you mind if I join you? Read I mean."

She smiled and said "Sure. It's a great day out and this is a great spot, zura"

I'm assuming her saying zura at the end there was a really cute verbal tick so I just ignored it and sat down under the tree and pulled out my book. We both sat silently under the tree reading together until a girl with red twintails started to approach the tree but as soon as she noticed me, she stopped.

The girl with brown hair stood up and said "Looks like my friend is here. It's nice to meet you, zura. Um, what's your name?"

"y/n l/n. It was nice to meet you too." I said back to her.

"I'm Hanamaru Kunikida. Goodbye, zura." Kunikida said as she began to walk over to her friend.

After she left I stayed under the tree enjoying the day until the sun began to set but the whole time I couldn't get her out of my head. I think I may be in love with her.

"Hanamaru Kunikida huh? I'd love to see you again."

----------------------------------

A month later I was browsing the non-fiction of the public library when I saw Kunikida walk past me and headed to take a seat.

"Hey Kunikida, it's nice to see you again." I said greeting her.

Kunikida looked towards me and said "Oh, your l/n right? It's nice to see you too, zura."

"Hey, if you're going to read, mind if I join you?"

"Eh? Sure, but aren't you busy looking right now?" Kunikida asked.

"I just found one that interested me." I said as I pulled a random book off the shelf. It's a book on the fastest roller coasters (A/n: Props to anyone who gets the reference). It was published in 1982 so it's out of date but maybe it'll be interesting to see how it was back then.

I walked over to the tables and sat across the table from her. I tried to read my book but roller coasters were way smaller back then. They were also made of wood and that just doesn't sound safe to me. I quickly lost interest and as I tried to read it, I kept glancing at Kunikida. Up close like this she's really pretty. I'm so glad I was lucky enough to run into her again. I'm gonna have to see if I can talk to her again sometime.

We read together until the sun began to set. The librarian said "I'm sorry but I need to close up soon. I can check out your books before if you want."

"Okay, I'd like to check this out, zura. What about you y/n?" Kunikida said

"I'm gonna go put this back. It was as interesting as I thought it'd be." I responded. I took the book back and put it back where I think it was on the shelf. I then walked to the entrance and said "Hey Kunikida, if you want I'll walk you back home."

Kunikida smiled and said "Okay."

I stood at the entrance to the library and waited for her to arrive. When she came out, we walked together and talked about stuff. Eventually we arrived at the gates in front of a temple, I guess this is her home.

"Hey Kunikida, how about we hang out sometime? I found a nice store that sold used books, maybe we could see what they have together."

"That sounds great. How about we go next Sunday?"

"Sure. By the way, feel free to just call me y/n"

"Then you can call me Hanamaru, zura"

We spent a couple of minutes planning things out. I'm really excited for next Sunday.

---------------------------------------

Sunday came and me and I met Hanamaru up at the bus station and headed to Numazu together. Once we got there, I told her where we were going and we walked over. We walked until we reached a small store that was hard to notice among all the other larger stores in the area. When we got inside we began to look through the piles of books. I saw a couple of books that I wanted so I picked them up. I then looked over to Hanamaru, she was practically glowing with happiness. I kind of want her to look at me the way she looks at books.

I walked over to her and said "I've got some stuff that I want. I'll hold your books for you."

"Okay, thank you y/n, zura" Hanamaru said smiling before I took the books from her.

I picked up a couple more books and Hanamaru grabbed some more that I fit into the pile of books I was holding. We bought our books and we walked back to the bus station together.

I walked her home and in front of the gates I put the books down for a minute and said "Today was great. I'm glad I got to hang out with you."

Hanamaru smiled and said "I'm glad I got to hang out with you too, zura." She then gave me a kiss on the cheek before starting to blush. She grabbed her books and then walked into the temple.

I touched my cheek where she kissed me and thought to myself "Maybe she likes me back. Maybe someday soon I'll confess my feelings to her."

-------------------------------------

Ten Years Later...

I continue to write my manuscript for my next novel. Alongside it is a bunch of small notes to myself so I remember little things and avoid contradictions in my story. I'm not a bigtime author but a decent amount of people buy my books and that's enough for me. It's starting to get late so I put down my pen and got up and headed to the living room to see my beautiful wife.

"Hey honey I take it you're done writing for the day? Dinner will be done in a bit, zura."