It Shouldn't Have Been Me

Will's POV:

I got up in the morning again and threw up. This had happened for almost a week. Nico was sick too, but we hadn't had sex in a few weeks. About three. I had bottomed last time and I only ate a few things that were good for expectant mothers.

Nico had gone out yesterday with Jason and Percy. He had been sick, but he insisted that he had to go. I know he was sick with some sort of bug.

"Will, sunshine, are you okay?" Nico asked, from the other side of the door.

"Yeah. Just sick. I think we should make an appointment with our doctor" I said.

Nico went away and I threw up again. He was talking in a low voice and he said something. He knocked softly and came in.

I threw up again and he rubbed my back. He gagged a little and threw up in our sink. He always had a weaker stomach. He has suffered with eating disorders in the past and they hurt his stomach in some pretty negative ways. He still struggles today. He laughs about it now, but sometimes it hits him harder than normal.

"The appointment is after lunch. I'll drive" Nico said.

"Thanks Neeks" I said.

"You could have a little baby inside you" Nico said, sliding his hands over my stomach "I don't want you to do anything. Just tell me and I'll do it all."

I nodded and Nico kissed me. We vented our house to help with the smell and Nico ate some tuna and he made me a salad with light everything. He made sure to only eat a little bit of tuna so he could still kiss me.

I had this thing that I didn't want him near me with anything that could harm our potential baby. So no tuna or the sushi he ate yesterday. No uncooked meat of any kind. I hadn't kissed him yesterday at all until he had brushed his teeth three times. He didn't like it very much, but I didn't want to take any risks.

"We need to get going. It's an hour drive in traffic" Nico said.

He helped me into the car and got into his side of the car. He drove and he had a little look on his face. I hope this is a baby that we can love. Due to the son of Apollo thing and him having kids as a male, I have been trying to have kids with Nico. We prayed all the time for my father's blessing, but our prayers haven't been answered yet.

He begged me to stop after I slipped into depression because I kept seeing negative tests. Everyone was having babies. Annabeth, Hazel, Calypso, Piper, and Juniper all had kids. Annabeth had two and a third on the way. It's not fair that we were blessed and yet the "blessing" turned out to be another one of the gods overlooked potentials.

I want to have a baby that looks just like Nico. A little baby we can take care of and I know Nico would be a great father. Nico helped me out of the car after lots of traffic, a scone that Nico got because he wanted it, more traffic, and some more traffic. It's New York, I don't know why we expected something different.

>In the room<

"Sit here Will. It must be odd sitting on this side of the table since you are a gynecologist. The best one at that. I do wish that you get the promotion for chief though. This hospital needs a man like you" Meadow, our doctor, said.

"It's a little odd, but you understand the need for a baby. baby fever is real. Nico and I want to hold a baby that we take care of and have a special connection too" I said, "Being a demigod like us you can understand. We want this."

Nico nodded and held my hand even though he was starting to look a little paler than normal. I gave him a kiss and he smiled softly at me. I fell in love with that smile and I would be dumb if I ever stopped looking at him in any other way. I kissed him again and he made a little noise of protest. That has not happened before. He put a hand over his mouth and I quickly got him a trashcan. He threw up as I rubbed his back.