But suddenly that doesn't seem like the plan anymore.

They take it upon themselves to listen to their music, which makes it simpler for me to relax but it makes it easier for me to look at her from the short distance she's sitting away from me without the other classmates looking at me in question because they're scrolling on their phones.

Like right now as we're in class, I look at her as she's twisting the eraser part of her lead pencil, staring at whatever equation is in the book. She's biting the left side of her bottom lip as she stares in concentration at the paper.

Leaning back in my seat, I cross my arms as a thought crosses my mind. I'm not sure if I actually want to act on it because the last thing I want to do is weird her out with the thoughts running through my mind right now.

It wouldn't even make sense. I looked into her academic history to see that she's a very steady honor roll student she doesn't need to do it.

It's crazy but so am I for her despite the fact that I don't know her but I wouldn't mind getting to know her if she gave me the time of the day.

I didn't notice how long I was sitting here plotting as I looked at her but apparently it was a long time as the bell had rung signaling the start of the next class. Everyone starts packing their bags immediately, some are already out of the door as they packed before the bell rang.

Karma usually takes her time when walking out of class, I watch as looks at Paola whos standing on her right, saying bye to her as Paola rushes to her next class, which I'm pretty sure was Gym since I had heard her complain about it briefly before.

Justine gets up from her seat and pats Karma on the back, moving to sit in Paola's seat next to her and this causes Karma to stop packing her bag as she looks to Justin on her right.

I'm pretty sure they're about to start a conversation and I don't want one of them to look up and catch me staring so I grab my planner that is sitting on my desk and pretend to look through it as I look at my schedule.

"Karma. Are you okay?" I hear Justine ask, "You've been so quiet lately and I know this isn't the right time to ask you but this is the only time that I can get you alone without Paola because I know she can be a bit overbearing at times but you know that you can talk to me." she pauses, "about anything."

I hear Karma sigh and she responds, "I don't know. I've just felt sort of drained lately. I just have a lot on my mind I guess."

A lot on her mind with no one to talk to but Justine?

Perhaps she would need support from another person. Someone who's wiser in age than the two of them.

Someone like a student-teacher.

Such as myself...

"Well judging by the look on your face, I can see that you really don't wanna talk about it so-" I hear Justine sigh, "Like I said, you know I'll always be here for you." I hear the bottom of the chair scrape against the floor as I look up a bit from my planner to see Justine head out the door as Karma is has gotten up from her chair ready to do the same

If I want this to happen, I have to hurry up and ask her quickly.

She puts her bag over her shoulder and begins to walk towards the door, clearing my throat I quickly say, "Karma!" she turns around to look at me and I say, "Can you come here quickly? I want to run something by you."

She sighs a bit and nods her head, walking closer to the table crossing her arms across her chest, "Yes. Mr.Maddow?"

"Hey, I know that you probably have better things to do but, I have so many classes and not enough time to sit here and grade everything." I start and she nods in understanding prompting me to continue, "I was wondering if maybe you can take some time out of your day to help me with my grading? I saw a few notes from Ms.Tran saying that you were one of the best students in class and the last few days of me being here, I've seen that."