Chapter 36*

(Third POV)

Gerard walks into the locker room, watching Isaac try to crawl away from him. "It was a good effort, Isaac. It was." He then says. "This would be so much more poetic if it were halftime..." Gerard then says, holding a sword in his hand.

...

"You tried to build your pack. You tried to prepare for the worst. You weren't ready. Because of it, Gerard is winning. He's taking his time. He's toying with Scott and Y/n. He's going after your wolves, one by one. He's relishing in his victory." Peter says.

"How about you tell me something I don't know?" Derek says irritably. "Oh, I'm going to, and it's gonna prove why you should trust me-- why you need to trust me. Because I'm going to tell you how to stop Jackson." Peter says, making Derek scoff.

"What do you mean? You know how to kill him?" Derek then asks, making Peter shake his head. "Actually, how to save him." He says, making Derek raise his eyebrows.

(Your POV)

"McCall! Where's McCall?" I hear coach yell, seeing he and Gerard have both disappeared. I focused back on the game, praying that Scott and Isaac are alright. The ball suddenly rolls in front of Stiles and he looks at it confused, before picking it up with his net. He then starts running to the goal, the other team is running behind him.

When Stiles reaches the goal with the ball in his lacrosse stick, he suddenly stops. He looks around and it looks like he doesn't know what to do. "Stilinski shoot it! Shoot the ball! Shoot it, you idiot!" Coach yells, but Stiles doesn't do anything. I get up from my seat and yell as loud as I can "Shoot It!!" this makes him look at me and then shoot the ball, scoring. Everyone claps and cheers, and I can see Stiles smiling at me. I give him a thumbs up and sit back down.

I see Noah cheer for his son, which makes my heart melt. "I scored a goal? I scored a goal! I scored a goal!" he yells, and I couldn't contain my laughter. After this, Stiles kept scoring and scoring time after time. Everyone cheered as loud as they could. I was so happy for him, that he finally could have his moment. Even though I was still worried about Scott and Isaac.

(Third POV)

"There's a myth that you can cure a Werewolf simply by calling out its Christian name." Peter says, making Derek scoff. "It's just a myth." Derek says. "Sometimes myths and legends bear a hint of truth. Our name is a symbol of who we are. The Kanima has no identity-- that's why it doesn't seek a pack." Peter explains.

"...It seeks a master." Derek says, making Peter nod. "And who else grows up with no pack? No identity?" Peter asks. "An orphan." Derek says. "Like Jackson. And right now, his identity is disappearing beneath a reptilian skin, and you need to bring him back." Peter says again, making Derek sigh.

"How." He asks, making Peter smile. "Through his heart-- how else?" Peter says, making Derek scoff again. "You know, in case you hadn't noticed, Jackson doesn't really have much of a heart to begin with..." Derek says. "Not true. He'd never admit it, but there is one person-- one person with whom Jackson shared a real bond. One person who can reach him. Who can save him." Peter says.

"...Lydia." Derek then says, making Peter nod. "Your best ally has always been anger, Derek, but what you lack most is a heart. That's why you've always known that you need Scott and Y/N more than anyone. And even somebody as burned and dead on the inside as me knows better than to underestimate the simple yet undeniable power of human love." Peter says.