Chapter 32*

(Third POV)

Scott walks over to the front desk of the station, seeing his mother walk inside. "Mom?" he asks, making Melissa sigh in relief. "You scared me! Where is every—" she starts to say but stops when she sees Mark holding a gun at Scott.

"Mom... just do what he says. He promised he wouldn't hurt you." Scott says, seeing the fear in his mother's eyes. "He's right." Mark says, making Scott turn around to look at him. He then lowers the gun and pulls the trigger, shooting Scott in his stomach.

"Scott! Stiles! What happened???" the sheriff yells from the holding cells, having heard the shot and Melissa's scream. "But I didn't say I wouldn't hurt you." Mark says, looking down tauntingly at Scott. Melissa wants to go to Scott, but Mark points his gun at her. "Back! Back!" he yells at her. Scott then nervously looks back at his mother. "Mom. Mom! Stop, Mom!" Scott says.

Melissa wants to go forward again, but Mark yells at her again. "I said get back." He yells, making Scott look at his mother sadly. "Mom, do it. Please, Mom." He says pleadingly, making Melissa take a few steps backwards. "Get up, McCall." Mark then says, not taking his eyes away from Melissa.

"Mark? Mark, listen to me—" Sheriff shouts from the other room again, but is interrupted by Mark. "Shut-shut-shut up! Everybody shut the hell up!" he yells, making everyone go silent. "Now, get up, or I shoot her next." He says to Scott, keeping the gun pointed at Melissa.

Mark then makes Scott and Melissa walk towards where Sheriff Stilinski is cuffed, making Melissa walk into a holding cell. He closes the cell and locks it. "Please, he needs to see a doctor..." Melissa says tearfully, making Mark laugh. "You think so?" he asks mockingly.

"Hey! Hey, you listen to me!" sheriff then shouts at Mark, this time getting interrupted by Scott. "It's all right. I'm okay." Scott says, reassuringly. "No, honey, you're not okay..." Melissa whines through her tears. "It doesn't hurt, Mom." Scott says.

"Cause that's the adrenaline, okay?" she says sadly to her son. "Please, let me-let me just take a look at him, okay? I mean, I can stop the bleeding." Melissa says pleadingly. "They have no idea, do they?" Mark asks, scoffing Scott's way.

"Please, let me take a quick look. I—" Melissa pleads again, Mark gets annoyed by her. "Shut-shut-shut-shut up! Lady, if you keep talking, I'm gonna put the next bullet through his head." He says, making Melissa shut up immediately.

"Back to the front, McCall." Mark then says, waiting for Scott to move. "After you." Mark says, making Scott walk towards the front. "The evidence is gone. Why don't you just go?" Scott asks when they reach the sheriff's office again, where Y/n, Derek and Stiles are laying on the floor.

"You-you think the evidence mattered that much, huh? No. No, I want the book." Mark says with disbelief, making Scott frown. "What-what book?" he asks. "The Bestiary! And not just a few pages-- I want the entire thing." Mark says. "don't have it, it's Gerard's. What do you want it for, anyway?" Scott asks confused.

"I need answers." Mark says irritably. "Answers to what?" Scott then asks, still confused. "To this!" Mark yells, revealing scales starting to form on his body.

...

Allison shows her father the text from Scott she has just received. "He wants the Bestiary?" Chris asks confused. "That's not from Scott. He wouldn't have texted me, and he definitely wouldn't have mentioned Derek." Allison explains.

"The Sheriff's station?" Gerard asks. "If Derek's really there, I doubt it's willingly." Chris explains. "You think Jackson's there, too?" Allison asks eagerly. "Maybe. Maybe him and the one controlling him." Chris says sighing. "How many do they keep on in a night shift?" Gerard asks, referring to the deputies.