Feeling.

When somebody left when you needed them most it's kind of hard to just act like nothing happened. You needed them at one point they were you're comforter but when they aren't there.. You go through something's.. something's a mother should've been there for.

Cookie was my Moms yeah I gave her that she was but I didn't know who she was. I was little when she left shit I barely remember her. I remember my Dad used to tell us to write her because she was in school for away and she missed us. I loved writing to her. Then I figured out with school really was to her. I'm ashamed of her seeing her makes me so mad.

I never really knew why she went to prison and why for so long. Pops said she was selling and doing drugs and he tired getting her off because she was pregnant with me but she wouldn't so he called the police on her ass. That's where most of my hurt came from. Not the fact that she was gone but that she couldn't even stop doing drugs for me or the family. Jamal was her favorite he'd always come to see her and he wrote her non-stop but I had Pops so I wasn't tripping really.

I ain't need no hoodlum rat ass drug dealing mother away! My Pops didn't either he had him a fine ass shawty who wasn't that much older than me. I didn't to much care for her neither but hey she was better than Cookie any day! I was alright without her for 17 years I'll be just fine without her now! As a grown ass man at that!

My phone had been blowing up lately. Tiana was blowing my line talking about how we needed to talk and how she's sorry, I wasn't too much into that bullshit at the moment. All I was really focused on was my album and changing my name from being Luscious Lyon's son Hakeem to just being Hakeem.

"Why do you keep calling me! Damn chill that shit out. You know I'm busy!" I say pissed off.

"I told you I just wanted to talk. But obviously you aren't trying to do that.." She said sounding confident that she had me. I laughed into the phone bringing it to my lips.

"You was muthafucking right!" I scream. I was too gone to care.