2. What if they don't like me?

ابدأ من البداية

"Cassie? Are you alright?" he asked worried, "You're pale as a wall."

I didn't respond to him at first, but only shifted my eyes to the floor. I felt my back meet with the door, helping me keep my balance. My heart was beating so fast as if it was about to explode.

His parents were home and it was time to meet them. I couldn't be more terrified.

What if they don't like me?

What if I do something stupid?

How am I supposed to act?

Do I look okay?

"Look at me, Cassie," Draco found his place in front of me, rubbing my arms gently. "Take three deep breaths with me, okay?"

I nodded and tried to calm down my breath while looking into his eyes. Draco's glance was soft, slowly helping me find my peace.

"Now, I know you're anxious, but nothing bad will happen. My parents will get to know you and will see what an amazing girl you are," he assured me with a gentle voice.

I cracked a smile and nodded my head, but still didn't believe his words. Knowing my luck, I would've done something stupid, causing them to despise me for eternity.

We finally left the bedroom and headed to the stairs as I grabbed Draco under his arm. My breath became heavier when we walked down the stairs and stepped into the foyer.

Just breathe.

Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy looked at us with curiosity in their eyes. I felt my legs slowly give up on me and it took everything to not fall on the ground and humiliate myself in front of the most intimidating wizards, of all time.

Draco stepped closer to greet them, leaving me standing behind.

"Welcome home, darling." Mrs. Malfoy cupped his face and left a peck on his cheek, as he hugged her shortly.

"Welcome, son," Mr. Malfoy nodded and sent a small grin, as Draco responded in the same way.

Lucius couldn't help but notice a fourth person standing in the foyer. His eyes shifted on me, making me panic slightly and I quickly look at Draco. Gladly, he understood immediately.

"Right, I'm sure you're wondering who this lady is, father." Draco stood next to me, placing his hand on my lower back and stepping closer to his parents.

"I am, indeed," he replied, his wife also focusing her attention on me.

"This is my best friend, Cassiopeia," he pushed me gently to the front.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Malfoy," I said in a bit shaky voice and bowed my head, hoping they wouldn't realise how nervous I was.

"I am hoping you got my letter, mum. I'm aware this situation is sudden, but I couldn't leave her alone with this."

"Of course. I've discussed everything with your father. Your friend is more than welcome to stay," Narcissa assured her son. "I was hoping to finally meet you, my dear," she stepped closer to me, "Draco has told me all about you," a soft smile decorated her face.

"It's nice to meet you, ma'am," I replied, as nervous as before, "You look truly beautiful," I added with a genuine smile.

And she did. She was wearing a black dress, which reached right below her knees, and hugged her hourglass figure perfectly. The sleeves reached her elbows, while the semi-sweetheart neckline added this glimpse of elegance, along with some black heels. Her hair was tied halfway up and she wore some mascara, eyeliner and red lipstick.