017

Nevaeh's POV:
I had just got out of the shower and changed into

Nevaeh's POV:I had just got out of the shower and changed into

I left Mattias bathroom and grabbed my phone from his dresser.

Mattia: you good?

Nev: no,mar is in the hospital and my mom is freaking out about last night.

Mattia: que?!

Nev: him and Cynthia got in a car accident early this morning trying to pick me up.

Mattia: oh shit, do you need me to take-

Nev: no, Kai has been at the hospital all morning, he's coming to get me and plus I should probably leave before your dad sees me here.

Mattia: I don't care about what my dad says and I wanna go with you, are they ok?

Nev: I don't know but from what I've heard they're awake and talking. If you're going with me put a shirt on and hurry the fuck up.

Once I got my stuff I went upstairs and saw gian, he ran up to me and hugged me, putting his head on my stomach.

Nev: hey.

I said blankly

Gian: ale carried you in Mattia's room last night.

Nev: huh?

Gian: yeah, he said you were sleep or something.

Nev: oh?

Gian: do you have time to play Roblox with me or are you busy today?

Nev: I would love to but i'm in a rush right now.

Gian: ok, next time?

Nev: definitely.

Gianluca left and went back to his room as I heard a car in the driveway and Mattia came out of his room and walked with me outside to Kairi's car.

5:02 PM
-----
We arrived at the hospital and got sent to Mar and Cynthia's room.

Mattia sat down in the room's chair as I went to Mariano's hospital bed and talked to him.

Nev: you fuckin idiot, where's mom?

I said pointing to him.

Mar: you're the one who chose to get drunk and let's talk about the fact that you were all up on Mattia last night.

Ale: for real like what's up with that huh?

I laughed

Nev: Cynthia isn't awake yet?

Mar: she was for a little bit and then she fell back asleep, mom is grabbing my paperwork.

Nev: k.

Mattia: bruh, we can't afford to have you in the hospital with a broken arm, we're going to California in a couple days bitch.

Mar and I laughed.

Mar: y'all didn't do anything at Mattias house right?

Nev: no we're friends, shut the fuck up.

Mattia's POV:

Nev: no we're friends, shut the fuck up.

She looked back at me and smiled

I gave her a fake smile back.

*Thoughts*

I guess we really aren't anything special.

I remembered everything from last night, the moment felt perfect, she's perfect.

For that simple moment in the pool, I felt like I had her. The way she looked at me, just damn.

I had her close to me, she doesn't know it but all these years, she's had an effect on me, I just couldn't...

Mattia's POV:
*flashback*
*1 year ago*
-------

4:30 PM
-----

My dad had called me upstairs after Nevaeh had left my house.

Mattia: what's up?

M/d: you're 17, you know exactly what happens when you turn 18 next year.

Mattia: I've told you before I'm not putting everything else to the side for this mafia shit.

M/d: oh, that's not what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the girl.

Mattia: Nevaeh?

M/d: it's obvious you've told her a lot.

I looked at him.

M/d: anyone but her, keep your relationship, friends and friends only, cause you know the second she finds out about this whole thing you've fucked up and you have to protect her or you know what will have to happen.

I said quiet, remembering that I had already told Nevaeh my family was involved in the mafia.
----------------------

Nevaeh's POV:
*present time*
---------
Mar: oh vaeh, mom's on her way back

Nev: she text you?

Mar: yeah, we just have to wait for the nurse for my release.

Nev: you should've just gotten mom as your nurse.

I looked back at Mattia and he looked zoned out.

Kairi called his name multiple times to receive no response.

Kai: Mattia.

He laughed

Mattia: sorry, what's up?

Nev: you good, you looked lost.

Mattia: yeah *clears throat* um I'm gonna head out, hope that doesn't seem disrespectful or anything.

Mar: nah you're good.

Mattia: mk, you can call me when you get home, but I'm gonna go.

Nev: k.

He got up and took a deep breath, and left the room.