What comes after

Dark_Siege
----------------------------------------------------

A few days later

“Kai what’s the food situation?” “Aki..its nearly not good we’ve been on the move for days and with your leg messed up we’ve had to trust Jenny and Ethan to go on runs.” To be fair they have been doing really well.” Kai at this point feels guilt for what happened to Akina. “Aki I’m S-Sorry.” “For what.” “it’s my fault you got shot and are like this.” “ it’s not though.” “Aki listen,yes it is I refused to go on the run so you had to it should have been me not you.” Akina doesn’t say anything but just gave Kai a hug. “Kai I need you a second.” “what is it jenny.” “ A group off 4 coming in from the right.” “Jake, Ethan You know what to do.” They continue down the road and see an opening. “Guys down here we got to find somewhere to stay for the night.” The group walk up to this old building that looks abandoned. “ this will do we got to scope out the building. Sho and Ethan you two take the top floor and me and Jake will take the bottom so Jenny you make sure Aki is safe.” Akina looks at Kai angrily and says “Just because I have a messed up leg doesn't mean I’m useless to the team.” “No Aki I need you to be safe because I care.” “I appreciate you caring but I’m still doing stuff to help.” “ Ok fine but your coming with me.Jake change of plans you go with Sho and Ethan. Jenny is coming with me and Aki.” The group nods and they go to work. Kai, Akina and Jenny start moving through the bottom floor making sure there are no zombies around. After a long search they discover it is clear. As they start to put stuff down Aki seems like she is in a lot of pain. “Aki you ok” Jenny says with a look of worry on her face. “Yes jenny I’m fine my legs is just hurting badly." She ends up passing out from the pain because it's to much for her very weak body.

The next morning

Kai wakes to a bang. He looks around to see everyone still asleep except one. Kai thinks to himself 'where is Jake?' As he hears another bang. Kai gets up and goes to the partly opened door. “Jake wtf are you doing.” “Just getting some practice in.” “JAKE CAN YOU THINK WITH YOUR HEAD FOR ONCE INSTEAD OF TRYING TO PROVE YOU'RE THE BEST. YOU'VE ALREADY TRIED TO KILL AKI NOW YOU'RE TRYING TO KILL THE REST OF US WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU? YOUR SUPPOSED TO BE ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS AND HERE YOU ARE NOT SHOWING A CARE IN THE WORLD!” Kai shouts at Jake and manages to wake everyone up. “Kai what are you doing?” “This asshole is trying to kill us. We are in the middle of town and he’s shooting zombies at will any zombie within 2 miles will be on the way here and Aki with your leg messed up we are slower than usual and I need to protect everyone.” Kai who seems stressed over the group begins to break down. “I need to save everyone and when Aki got hurt I had to save her because it was my fault she got hurt.” As tears start to roll down Kai's face everyone looked shocked. No one has seen Kai in this state before. “Kai it’s ok none of this is your fault it’s all Jake’s.” Akina starts to show her frustration at Jake. As Akina tries to stand up she falls straight back down. “Aaahh my leg.” Kai and Sho rush over to her. She points at the bandage. “Guys my leg....” “Fuck that can only be a bad sign.” The bandages around her leg are covered in blood. “Aki we need to seal the wound and the only way to do that is burn it both sides because the bullet went through.” “Kai no I can make it .” “Aki you cant stand you’ve lost enough blood.” Kai Looks around. “we need to start a fire and get me something metal.” Ethan works on starting a fire and Sho looks for something that can be used “Kai will this do.” “Yes Sho that’s perfect.” Ethan gets the fire started. “Ethan take Jenny away and make sure she is safe she doesn’t need to see this, Aki I’m sorry. This is going to hurt a lot ok.” “here take this.” Sho hands Akina a piece of wood to put into her mouth. Kai begins to heat up the metal and Sho removes the bandage. Kai slowly presses the scolding hot piece of metal on the wound and begins to seal it. “Ahhhhhh!” Akina couldn't handle the pain and passed out. Kai quickly finishes sealing the wound. He hears some movement from behind him and without hesitation pulled out his gun and points it behind him. “Who are you and what do you want?.”

To be continued in part 7