Chapter |36| Paris II

Start from the beginning

"Mum I'm so sorry, I never meant for..."

"Honey, it is not your fault. None of it is. Your father is a stubborn individual, but he'll get over it eventually. In the meantime, we just have to wait." I let my head drop, and rest again the phone box. Raindrops started to fall, and I was glad that I was lucky enough to be sheltered by the glass box around me. "I have to go honey, I'll see you soon. Okay?"

I choked back a sob. "Yeah, I'll see you soon. Love you,"

"I love you too baby." I slammed the phone down, and let the tears fall.

I had successfully managed to break the unbreakable family. Everyone who has ever seen my parents knows the immense love between them. Somehow, I managed to worm may way between them and pull them apart.

There was nothing that my parents wouldn't do for each other, but their kids came first. I always knew that. If my mum was on my side, and my dad was against us both, I was afraid of what the outcome would be.

A divorce would destroy them both, and me in the process.

I stepped out of the elevator once it had reached my floor. My hair was sopping wet after my miserable walk in the gloomy rain, and my bags were soaked.

I didn't bother to slid into my room card, I just knocked instead, and my...whatever the hell we were, opened the door. His smile dropped instantly, as his eyes drunk in my surely disgusting appearance.

Brushing past him, I dropped the bags in the living room and then trudged into the bedroom. I wrenched off my jacket and rid myself of my wet clothes, letting them fall to the ground in a wet puddle that stained the carpet.

In only my underwear, my body began to shake. Shivering from not only the cold, but the quiet sobs that left me broken. I collapsed to the ground, my knees pulled up to my chest and cried.

I could hear also footsteps approaching me, as if I was some wild animal that needed taming. Aaron sunk to his knees in-front of me, and without saying a word, wrapped his large arms around me, enwrapping me in my own personal safety blanket.

I let my head fall onto his chest, whilst my tears and wet hair caused water to seep through his pristine white shirt. Soft kisses were planted on my hairline, his lips brushing my skin ever so softly.

Pulling away, I forced myself to look up at him.

What a wreck I must have looked like?

Mascara was probably smeared down my cheeks and my eyes were big red and puffy with a blotchy face and trembling lips. What I was, was vulnerable. And I hated it.

"Princess, what happened?" He spoke so gently, as if the faintest noise would break me even more.

"Nothing, I'm just being stupid." I furiously wiped away my tears, angry that I had let myself fall this far.

"It's not stupid if it made you this angry." I glanced up at him and gave him a watery smile.

"I'm just being dramatic, probably going to be on my period soon. I'm fine though really."

"You talked to your mum?" I froze. "You mentioned something on the flight about wanting to talk to her. It's the only logical reason why you would be this upset. Did she say something?"