the yule ball (chapter 8)

kinda fluffy ig ?? idrk

(y/ns pov)

"C'mon Mione! I wanna see it alreadyyy." I whined.

It was the night of the yule ball. Hermione was putting on her dress, which she hasn't shown me yet, so I was full of anticipation.

Ok this is what I would wear-

And its blue so it would match the very fancy🧐🎩 Ravenclaw boy

Hermione sighed. "Ok." She said as she opened the door to the bathroom she was just changing in.

She looked amazing with her layered dress with multiple shades of pink, her hair curled and but into a messy, but also not messy, bun. ??

I was speechless.

"So? Does it look alright?"

"You look stunning, Hermione."

"Ok ok, your turn." Hermione said eagerly, pushing me towards the bathroom door. "Go get dressed!!"

I had showed her what I was going to wear, but she hasn't seen the dress on me yet.

I slipped the dress on, and opened the door, slowly. I walked out of the bathroom, my hair still undone. Hermione agreed to do it for me, since she was much better at doing hair than me.

Her jaw slightly dropped when she saw me in the dress.

(It can be whatever you want it to be, I just wanted to show what I would wear bc I spent the whole night looking for one)

"You look beautiful, y/n." She said, looking at me in awe. "C'mon! Sit down!" She patted on the edge of her bed. I walked over and sat down, my legs hanging off of it. She sat down behind me on the bed, and grabbed a few bobby pins.

Ok, you can pretend that shes doing your makeup in this scene instead, if you wear a hijab or a different head scarf, have short hair, if you're bald, or for whatever reason. I want to be as inclusive as possible :)

After a few minutes of doing my hair, she spoke up.

"Y/n?"

"Yeah?"

"Why'd you say that you'd go with that Alexander kid anyways?"

"Uhm... I'm not really sure. I mean, he seems nice... right?" I responded.

"But why him?" She asked again. "I mean, you dont even know him, y/n."

I took a second to think. "Well, I guess it was kind of out of fear."

"Fear? What do you mean by- Y/N, DID HE THREATEN YOU? BECAUSE IF HE DID-" she said furiously.

"No Hermione!" I quickly cut her off with a slight chuckle. "Trust me, I would tell you if anything like that happened. I meant like..." I tried to find the right words. "... like I was scared that no one else would take me, you know. That I would have to go alone." I admitted sheepishly.