the 3rd task (chapter 12)

I'm just saying this now; I can't describe shit if my life depended on it, so don't expect this chapter to be good😀

(Y/ns pov)

It was only minutes before Harry had to leave for the last task, so I decided to go wish him luck. I found him pacing in the empty common room, muttering to himself, with his wand clutched tightly in his hand.

"Harry?" I asked, approaching him slowly.

He stopped, and looked at me. "Oh, hi." He looked nervous, which was understandable because I was too.

Without another word, I walked up to him and pulled him into a tight hug. He seemed to ease up as he hugged me back, around my waist.

"Be safe, ok?" I whispered.

He didnt say anything back, but I felt him nod against my shoulder.

We pulled apart, and I looked him in the eyes. "I have to go catch up with Ron and Hermione. I'll see you later. Good luck." And with that, I walked out of the common room to go find my other two friends.

~

Everyone was in the stands, cheering and clapping as the Hogwarts March started playing. Amos Diggory ran out of a doorway from under the circular stadium, Cedric following. Then Fleur and Madam Maxime, Krum and Igor Karkaroff, and finally, Harry and Dumbledore. Dumbledore stood behind a large podium, and requested for silence. The music quickly stopped along with the cheering, and we all sat back down.

"Earlier today, professor Moody placed the Triwizard Cup deep within the maze." He started. "Only he knows its exact position. Now, as Mr. Diggory--" He was cut off with cheers and whistles from all of the Hufflepuffs.

"-- and Mr. Potter--" all the Gryffindors shot up and cheered Harry on. I could see a small smile form on his face when we made eye contact.

"-- are tied for first position, they will be the first to enter the maze, followed by Mr. Krum--" deep yells could be heard from miles away, caused by the Durmstrang boys.

"-- and Miss Delacour." The Beauxbatons girls cheered politely. "First person to touch the cup will be the winner!" The entirety of the crowd was on their feet, cheering. "I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he, she, or they need only to send up red sparks with their wands..."

(Harry's pov)

Dumbledore turned around to face us. "Contestants! Gather around. Quickly!" The five of us formed a small circle. "In the maze," Dumbledore, now, spoke quietly. "you'll find no dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something even more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh, find the cup if you can. But be very wary, you could just loose yourselves along the way." He turned away to face the crowd again. "Champions, prepare yourselves!" Everyone cheered as we got into position. "On the count of three; one--" the cannon went off, and the Hogwarts March started again.

I started walking cautiously into the maze, and heard the shrubbery closing me in. I started walking down a long, narrow pathway. It was foggy and silent, other that the faint rustling that I assume is from the wind brushing up against the maze walls.

About ten minutes later, I heard an echoey scream that sounded like Fleur, and sounded like it was near by. I started running if fear that whoever or whatever caused her to scream, wouldn't find me. As I was just about to enter a cross way between the maze, I heard rustling nearby. It was Krum. As soon as I saw him, I attempted to hide myself in the srubs of the maze, but failed because he saw me and pointed his wand in my face, causing me to flinch. His eyes were white, and he looked possessed. He stared at me for a couple seconds before lowering his wand, and walking away.