She finished reading the page she was told to and looked at L in Hope of her reports on the reading, he patted her head "you did good , now read one chapter from this book every day ok?" She nodded her head in happiness. He looked around but watari wasn't there to pick him up he looked at his wristwatch he still had half an hour left, he was shocked to see her progress in such a short amount of time .

She took out the newspaper from her bag and began reading the crime section she was able to read the whole section flawlessly she looked at L who was looking around ,she jumped from the bench to the ground and hugged L "thankyou ,thankyou ,thankyou, thankyou soooo much" he was taken aback by her action he wasn't useful to anyone showing him affection "thankyou now I can read because of you ,you are an angel".

'I am what?an angel?' He was really confused at her actions he was just standing still not sure of what to do she pulled away with a smile on her face "do you want to play or go on the swing?".

"I don't like swing and I only play chess" she frowned "what you don't like swings? How is that even possible?" His face was expressionless, she taught for a moment "L you have never been on a swing right?" He remained Expressionless "comeon you gotta try it once" she reached for his hand "no" he didn't moved ,she looked right into his eyes making a puppy face"pleaseee" he felt some emotion in him he couldn't refuse her and started walking with her .

"Comeon sit here I will push you" he did as she told him to "hold still ok" she pushed him and to his amaze he was really enjoying as the swing was oscillating , she stopped after sometime and looked at him with a big smile "it was fun wasn't it?" He stared into her eyes 'what is this feeling is this happiness?' .

"Your turn" her eyes lit up as she sat on the swing in no time she was oscillating and giggling happily, to L's amazement he felt more happy this time to see her giggling.

"L" he saw watari in shock and happiness watari smiled warmly at them (y/n) got out of the swing to stand on the ground and smiled at L "thankyou again" he looked at her with a little sadness in his eyes "I will read one chapter a day like you told me to and I will wait here for you" L's expressions softened before turning back to his normal expressionless face and walked over to watari ,she waved her hand as he walked away ,he waved his hand in a tense robotic manner again she giggle and walked out herself.

She saw her brother sitting on the stairs of a shop she smiled happily and walked over to him "Arnold you won't believe what happened today" he looked at her with warm affectionate eyes "what happened" he asked patting her head "today I learned how to read" she giggled happily "I told you not to loose hope" she looked down embarrassed "ok look what I got you today" he handed her a soft blanket and chocolates, she feel the soft blanket her expressions saddened "but this was expensive, why did you get it?".

"Its ok I got a permanent cleaning duty at that big house" he pointed to a mansion, (y/n) looked at the house in disbelief "and I did some extra work and got a reward" he smiled at her warmly "but still brother" she felt tears in her eyes "you didn't had to over exhaust yourself for me". "Now now I don't want you to act so emotional" she laughed and hugged him ."and we can even sleep in their garage from now on" .

"What? Are you serious?" He nodded she stared at him in disbelief "you are the best brother I can ever ask for" she squeezed him into another hug "now I can teach you how to read" she then started teaching him from the papers she got from L earlier he was a slow learner unlike her but she had got all the time in the world for her only family.
Flash back over

She stared at the photo one more time and looked into the drawer to see what other things were in there when she felt someone's breath on her neck she turned around to see L standing extremely close to her, she took a step back her eyes widened, he looked at the photos In her hand 'what do I say? If it would be someone else I could trick them easily but him'.

He stared into her (e/c) eyes with his black orbs "I_... um..sorry I was just looking around I didn't realize this was your room" he didn't say anything but kept staring into her eyes "and I was curious" she turned around to keep the photos back in the drawer.

She faced him again looking at the ground "sorry I shouldn't have looked through your stuff" he lifted her chin up with his finger making her look into his eyes "I had a childhood friend and whose name was (y/n) too, provided how less humans I have met in my life its quiet strange that I have met two people with same name".

'I know what you are trying to do L you want me to explain where I got my name from now if I lied and said I got it when I was adopted he will just interrogate naomi about it and if I say something about by life before adoption he would just get more information about me'
"Oh is the girl in that photo your childhood friend?".

"I never said that , I didn't even said my childhood friend was a girl"
'He is always one step ahead of me isn't he?'. She taught carefully 'i know' .
"Since I am a girl I taught a person whose name is (y/n) would also be a girl provided you are calling him or her your friend so I assumed these photos were of your friends". He looked at her with wide eyes.

"I..i should leave, again I apologize for looking through your stuff".she tried to walk away but he was still standing in her path "aren't you forgetting something" she looked at him to see him pointing at the soft kitten she brought with her earlier her cheeks were flushed she looked at him embarrassed and gave him a shy smile,he smiled at her childish nature and patted her head her cheeks even got more reddned .