Chapter 11 - Looking Through A New Window

Kates Point of View

I woke up around eight am and got all my research together from my computer. I then printed off Anthony Roger's discount page and his information so that Terrance could keep it. I also saved the doctor's number on my phone so I could call him back with Terrance. I honestly don't care about the date but what I did care about was him being able to see again, and maybe get to know him a little better. After getting everything together I need for Terrance, I then grabbed my car keys and headed out the door.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A couple of minutes later,

I arrived at the park and went to the same spot me and Terrance had our first date. I then sat down and waited for like forty-five minutes to show up. Then he and his mother pulled up. 

"Hi, Terrance. I have my research for you." I said while walking to his minivan.

"Hi, Kate. Take care of my baby for me." His mother said while helping Terrance unbuckle.

"Of course! Have a nice day Mrs. Bunny." I told her.

"Call me Jenny, dear. " Said while giving me a big smile.

"Hey, Kate. Bye, mom." Terrance said and then got out id the van. Jenny then drove off. I then guided him to our spot.

"Here," I said while putting my research in his hands. He grabbed it and rubbed his hands back and forth on the paper as if he was reading the ink.

"I can't read. Blind remember." He said while trying to hand it back to me.

"Oh sorry" I sighed.

"Soooo. What now?" He asked me.

"Well, the doctor said to call back in one week. But we can call now since the week is almost over." I said.

"I don't have a phone. Can you call him? Oh and, My mother wants me to get you and the doctor's phone number." He said.

"Ok," I said while grabbing a pen and paper I brought with me and then wrote my number and the doctor's on it.  "Here give this to your mother," I said while putting it in his pocket.

 I then dialed the doctor's number. It ranged like six times and then someone picked up.

"Hello, Dr. Rogers here. How may I help you?" He said while picking up the phone.

"Hey, Dr. Rogers. I'm Kate and I'm here with Terrance. We want to talk to you about Cataract surgery." I said while putting him on speakerphone.

"Oh yeah, I remember you. The surgery took about 20 minutes for and non-blind people but since you are blind it may take one to two days. I cant tell over the phone though we have to meet in person. When are you guess free?" He said.

"Monday," I said while looking at Terrance. 

"Then we will talk more about the surgery Monday evening. Have a nice day Kate and Terrance!" He said and then hanged up.

"Don't forget Monday, Terrance. Meet me here again and I'll drive us to the appointment. Now I have to go bye." I said while leaving.

"Bye. See you Monday!" He said back.

Author notes

I just finished revising and editing this chapter on 1/22/21.

This chapter is about Kate and Terrance talking to the doctor and getting an appointment. 

I hope you like this chapter and please comment and vote as you read my chapters. Have a wonderful day and stay safe. :)