20

"C'mon, Y/N you have to come to at least one."

You were back at the bus, watching as Myra changed from her show clothes into another outfit - she was going out to a party with Nick again. Myra tugged on a pair of shorts over her ripped tights, spinning in front of you. "Yeah?"

"Yeah." You agreed. "And I don't know, Myra, I'm not really one for big parties-"

"Please?" She asked. "You should at least come to one, and if you say you're coming, Clay'll come too and Nick really wants it to be more than just me and him again, 'cause George never comes."

At the mention of Clay, you could feel yourself wavering. Maybe you would get another chance to talk to him - but did you really even wanted to anymore? You had just been pumped up after the concert, and now that the excitement had worn off, you were seeing that it wasn't a great idea when you had so little evidence to support your claim. Still, the butterflies in your stomach at the mere mention of his name were not helpful in that constitution. 

You pursed your lips. "I guess I can come." 

Myra smiled to herself, turning around to grab her phone. "Great. I'll tell Nick to tell Clay, and then we can go - do you have something to wear?"

"Uh... yeah." You said, getting up from where you had been sitting at your bunk and opening the drawer underneath, sorting through your clothes. "I'll find something..."

After you got changed, you and Myra met Nick and Clay outside the buses before heading off to wherever this a party was. Turns out, it wasn't too far from where the buses had been parked, and when you got there, the sheer size of the place took you by surprise. You had been expecting some basement looking place - but what you found instead was a fancier version of a nightclub, with a bar and a pool and tiered balconies, filled to the brim with people having a good time. It was like something from a movie.

As soon as you walked in the door, Myra grabbed your hands. "Come dance with me!"

"Oh- sure!" You said, as Myra dragged you to the dancefloor. The music swirled around you as Myra pulled you into her rhythm, starting to dance. Any apprehension that you had been feeling about the party faded away as you danced with her - it was just like old times, when you would dance around the living room. 

Myra spun around, waving the boys over from where they had been standing near the bar. Nick grinned, sauntering over and taking Myra by the hand, handing her a drink and leaning down to whisper something in her ear. Myra laughed, knocking back the drink Nick had brought and playfully smacking him. 

"Wanna dance?"

You spun around to see Clay standing there, hand outstretched. Your heart fluttered, but you tried not to show it, taking his hand with a smile. The song changed, and you and Clay began to dance - the kind of dancing that looked stupid, but made your heart race and a smile play on your lips. You probably looked like a pair of idiots next to Myra and Nick, but you didn't care. 

It went on like that for a while - you and Clay progressively getting more stupid and laughing at each other while Myra and Nick got more steamy until you had to resolutely look away. You happy that you had decided to come out with them though - this was fun, really fun.

Until Clay leaned down and said, "Come with me to the bar? I want to talk to you."

"Sure." You said, letting Clay part the crowd of people and following him towards the bar, where the music was softer and you could sit down. 

"What do you want to drink?" Clay asked, waving over the bartender. 

"Oh, I can get my own-" You started. 

"It's ok, I've got it." Clay said. "I'll just have a rum runner." He said the bartender, turning to you. 

You gave the man your order with a small smile, before turning back to Clay. "You really didn't have to get mine too."

Clay waved off the comment with a shrug. "It's not a problem, really. I don't know if you knew this, but I'm a rockstar."

You laughed as the drinks were slid in front of you, and you took a sip of yours.

"So." Clay said, playing with the straw. "You said you wanted to ask me something after the show."

"Right." You said, heart leaping into your throat. Why, why, why had you even said anything in the first place? You were almost one hundred percent sure that you had just been projecting your own feelings onto a few instances that just happened to give you some hope. What were you going to say now?

Clay was looking at you expectantly, waiting for you to speak. 

"It wasn't anything super important..." You stalled, trying to think of something you could substitute for what you were actually going to say. "Just, um, if you were ever going to write a duet yourself. I was just thinking, after the concert, you know..."

"Oh." Clay said, looking slightly relieved. "I thought it was something bad, or if like, George was single. You don't know how many times I get asked that-"

You laughed, downing another gulp of your drink. "I bet."

Clay smiled, downing the rest of his drink in one go. You finished yours as well, standing when Clay did, looking back to the dancefloor. It was easy to spot Myra and Nick, because everyone else was looking at them as well, while they were completely in their own world - their combined hotness a jealousy magnet. 

Clay's hand drew your eyes to him though. "Come dance again?"

You slid your hand into his and allowed yourself to be tugged back to the dance floor and into the throng of people, a small smile on your face. Crisis averted, right?