3

It was a hassle getting your boss to let you go. You'd thought that he would understand once you explained everything to him - you'd even brought the roadie pass for proof, just so he didn't think this was all an elaborate scheme for you to quit - but he had been really adamant that you were needed and that the whole summer off was too much. Eventually though, after talking him off the ledge, promising more hours when you got back, and some help from a few coworkers, you had the whole summer in your hands. 

Then was the packing.

You knew that if you forgot anything, Myra would just replace it for the summer. She had even told you in express not to worry about it if you forgot anything. That didn't stop you from making a list of everything you could possibly need for this tour. Clothes for the summer (of course), two bathing suits, clothes that you could wear for a colder night (you had never been to Canada, and that was pretty far north), something sort of formal just in case, everything you would need in the bathroom and the essentials like chargers and things of the sort. With some expert packing skills, you got it all down to two duffel bags. 

A whole summer into two bags. Not too bad, if you said so yourself. 

The days until tour passed so slowly until they weren't going slowly at all and it was the morning of the tour and you were pulling on the Dream Tour tee shirt Myra had given you and Shawn was loading your duffel bags into Myra's car and your mom was hugging you on the front porch. 

"Call me tonight, okay?" She said, holding you by the shoulders to look you in the eye. 

"I will Mom." You said. 

She squeezed your arms again before letting go. "And have fun. You're supposed to make memories when you're young... so take lots of pictures."

You grinned. "That's part of the plan."

Shawn stepped back onto the porch. "You're all loaded up." He said, clapping you on the shoulder. 

"Thanks Shawn." You said. 

He just smiled, ruffling your hair. "Keep Myra in check, you hear?"

"Of course." You said, and then you were in the passenger seat of Myra's car, waving to your mom and Shawn as she pulled out of the driveway, heading towards the interstate to get to Miami. 

Dream Team was pumping from the speakers. 

The drive was a few hours, but it didn't feel like it. Maybe it was that you were excited, or maybe it was that you were in the car with Myra, singing along to the radio together like you were both seventeen again, still in high school and just heading to the diner down the street to get paninis. Either way, before you knew it, you were pulling into a lot behind Myra's studio to see three tour buses - all branded with the Dream Tour logo - waiting in the lot.

Myra pulled into a spot with an excited grin, popping the trunk and turning off the car. "I know I said this like fifty times on the ride but I'm so excited you're coming dude." She hopped out of the car, heading to the back. 

You did the same, closing your door and following her to the open trunk. "I'm also really excited that I'm coming. I really can't thank you enough for the invite-"

Myra hefted one of your bags onto her shoulder. "You really don't have to. We're family, and you and I don't get to hang out enough, 'cause you had the whole school thing, and I had the whole music thing, but now!" She gestured broadly to the buses. "We have a whole summer to bond and have fun and do shit that we can tell our kids about when we're old and my tattoos look all wrinkly. Actually... maybe we should get matching tattoos."

You laughed, grabbing your other bag and closing the trunk of Myra's car. "Only if it's not a stupid design and it's not gigantic, and it's not in a stupid spot."

Myra grinned at you. "I'm just impressed you didn't outright say no."

She started off towards the second of the buses, and you followed along. You could feel the excitement in your fingertips as you approached the bus - just looking at it made your nerves buzz happily; this is real, this was really happening.

Myra produced a set of keyrings from her pocket and tossed one of them to you - you just barely caught it. "For the bus." She said, climbing the few steps to unlock the door and step inside. You followed her in, eyes adjusting to the dimmer light inside. 

Inside, the tour bus was like one very long apartment. There was a small kitchenette, and across from that a little table. Then, some couches, a closet, and then at the back of the bus, the bunks and the bathrooms. The whole thing was decorated like Myra's Miami apartment - moody LED lights, all cool toned furnishing, strange posters with weird impressionist art on the walls. It all felt very her.

Myra dropped your bag on one of the couches and turned to you. "What do you think?"

"I like it." You said honestly. "I was expecting something more cramped and dingy, but this is actually really nice."

Myra laughed. "Trust me, once we get on the road this'll start to feel real small and dingy."

You shrugged. "Still, it's really cool."

"I'm glad you think so." Myra said. "You can drop your bag, unless you want to get started unpacking right now-"

A knock on the door interrupted her and she stopped, squeezing past you to go see what it was. You took the opportunity to put your bag down on the couch next to where Myra had dropped the first one as you heard the door open. 

"Oh!" Myra said. "Hi guys, come on in."

The bus shook slightly as three men got on and Myra closed the door behind them. Your eyes widened slightly as you recognized the faces in front of you. 

The Dream Team. In the flesh.