Chapter 10

(Dipper pov)

The car ride home is silent as I hold my acceptance letter in my lap my hat back on my head. When we pull into the driveway I see Stan's car in the driveway. "What is Stan's car doing here?"

"Stan and Ford came here when they heard what happened to you. They were here taking care of Mabel until we were able to get back from Florida." My dad says looking at me through the review mirror.

I open the car door getting out of the car and so do my parents. I scratch at the bandage wrapped around my arm a police officer having wrapped my arm back at the police station. My mom comes and stands in front of me her fingers messing with the strap of her purse. "I was thinking I would make spaghetti for dinner since it's your favorite and all and maybe we could all watch a movie before then."

"That sounds great mom but....I'm feeling a bit tired so I was just going to go to my room to rest for a bit."

"Of course, that's understandable." She heads inside as dad puts a hand on my shoulder leading me inside and the minute I'm inside I hear Stan and Ford arguing and shouting at each other. My mom goes over trying to separate them but I put my hands over my ears walking out of the room. I set my acceptance letter on the kitchen table and head upstairs going into my room and shutting my door and locking it. I pick up one of my jackets off of my desk chair and put it on. I look towards my bed and see my kitten Joker laying on my pillow. Smiling gently I lay on my bed picking up joker and holding him in my arms as I lay facing the wall, Joker licking my cheek.

"I missed you too Joker....I'm confused on how I feel. I thought when Bill was arrested then I would feel happy because he can't hurt me anymore I thought it would make everything all better but it feels like something is wrong.....I don't know how I feel about anything anymore....." I close my eyes as I lay there allowing myself to drift off to sleep.

I wake up to the sound of gently knocking on my door, it taking a few minutes for me to realize I was in my own room hugging my kitten and not back in Bill's basement or his bedroom. "Dipper, are you awake? Dinner is ready if you're hungry." I hear my dad's voice on the other side of the door.

I get up still holding Joker in my arms as I unlock the door and open it revealing my dad standing there. "What was Stan and Ford arguing about earlier?"

"Apparently Stan let Mabel go hang out with her friends even though we had told her we wanted her to stay home." He pets Joker who gives a small meow. "This little guy wouldn't leave your room despite how many kitten treats we offered him."

".....The agents who saved me said I'll have to speak at the trial.....tell everyone what happened to me.....I-I don't know if I can do that dad."

He puts a hand on my shoulder as I look up at him. "I know that I can't even begin to imagine what happened but just know that your family will always be there for you no matter what."

"Thanks dad, that means a lot."

"Anytime kiddo, now lets go eat your mother comes looking for the both of us." We head downstairs and sit at the table where Ford and my mom were talking before I got there. I set Joker on the ground to eat his cat food as me and my dad sit at the table seeing my mom made spaghetti like she said she would earlier.

An awkward silence hangs over dinner as everyone focuses on eating but I know it's because no one knows what to say. "Where's Stan at?" I ask to break the silence.

"Oh he went to get Mabel from her friend's house." Ford answers glancing at me them all acting like I'm made of glass and could break at any minute.

Just then the front door slams open and my sister's voice is heard from the living room. "This is fucking bullshit! Do you know how embarassing that was Gruncle Stan?! You can't just storm into my friend's house and force me into your damn car!"