We've been best friends since I can remember! We used to live in the same neighbourhood that's why.

Felix is everything everyone looks for in a friend. He's honest, caring, funny, adventurous and gives great advice. Felix also doesn't take shit from anyone and stands up for himself when needed. Felix is also bisexual, he realised it pretty early on when he was 17 and thankfully he's parents were nothing but supportive of him.

"Earth to Chloe, " he snaps his fingers at me.

"Yeah, oh, we're here okay, " I say quickly getting out of the car.

"There they are," Felix says pointing at our friend's table where they wave at us.

"Took you guys long enough!" Sydney says.

"Well yeah, miss Chloe over here forgot that we planned this!" Felix points towards me with his head.

"I did not forget! I just needed extra time to get ready, " I say defending myself.

"Out of all of us, you get ready the fastest!" Sydney points out.

"Sydney, can you just play dumb for once, I would really appreciate it, " I say.

"Not a chance girl, " she says, laughing.

After we order our food and our drinks arrived, Elise asks the question I was expecting her to ask me.

"So, you still haven't told us anything about your next-door neighbour. Why is that?" She says raising an eyebrow at me.

"Because I still don't know him that well. Look he's a closed-off guy, so it's really difficult for me to create a strong opinion of him so quickly. He seems like a good guy, like don't get me wrong and I do think that the more comfortable he gets with the presence of someone new the more relaxed and open he becomes," I say, taking a sip of my cold orange juice.

"Well at least he seems nice, that's a good start!" Alice says.

"Remind me again why do we care so much about this guy?" Jacob asks, with an eyebrow raised.

"Cause he's Chloe's new friend?" Sydney says but it comes off more like a question.

They all turn and look at me for the answer.

"I mean I wouldn't call us friends yet, but we're going there, slowly, " I give them a quick wide smile before taking another sip of my drink avoiding eye contact.

"Why are you acting suspiciously?" Alice says.

"Love, it's Chloe she tends to act this way out of nowhere, " Sydney reminds Alice.

"She wanted to be a detective when she was young, so she thought that acting suspicious was part of the job!" Felix lets them know.

I throw a side glare at him for revelling that quite embarrassing moment of my childhood.

"Oh, " Sydney says trying to keep in her laugh whilst Alice and Elise are laughing next to her.

Sydney has gorgeous red wavy long hair and light brown eyes. Alice has short ashy blonde hair with hazel eyes. I met them online through a photography club on social media. We didn't even realize at the time that we went to the same school. We didn't have any classes together, but we hang out during our breaks all the time.

They both love meditating together and I joined them once but it's just not for me, I felt awkward the entire time. Sydney and Alice have been a couple since high school and honestly, they match each other perfectly.

Elise has medium length straight dark brown hair with blue eyes. She was a friend of Felix from kindergarten, and I met her through him. She's obsessed with reading romance novels and has a book with her at all times. She is forever looking for a good-looking guy with green eyes, don't forget that detail! Only green eyes, I don't know why.

Jacob was the last one to join our little group. We met him during our first year of high school and we've been good friends ever since. He likes football and learning how to play the guitar. He has black hair and dark brown eyes and even though they're the same shade as Ian's there are so different from one another.

My eyes widen, thankfully I'm looking down so nobody saw me. Why on earth did I compare them? Ugh, thoughts of Ian are swirling around my mind ever since I met him. You know when you meet someone new and you're just excited to get to know them better and hang out with them, that's how I am right now with Ian. 

I feel like I already consider him my friend but I'm not sure he does yet. Plus, there's a lot more to know about him, I feel like I still haven't seen the real Ian. Anyway, maybe I'll be able to talk with him more tonight.

Just that fleeting thought puts a smile on my face.

I like talking to him even if I'm the only one doing the talking. I feel like he still listens and remembers what I say.

Now I can't wait for the sun to set.

A/N

What do you think of Felix?

Feel free to comment & vote ❤️

I hope you have a great day/night! Xx

Stay safe & stay strong!

All the love - M ❤️