Chapter 5: 'String'

Start from the beginning

Bakugou and Kirishima stared at each other for what felt like hours before the redhead said, "Well, look on the bright side, we don't have to feel that intense burning again."

Bakugou scoffed. "Shut the fuck up. Let me finish washing and then we can head to your dorm." Kirishima nodded and smiled.

•••

Getting ready took longer than they thought it would. Especially with their new found acknowledgment of the restricting glowing string. Kirishima was gelling up his hair while hearing Bakugou complain to him about being late.

"SHITTY HAIR, HURRY UP WE'RE ALREADY FIFTEEN MINUTES LATE!"

"Chill Bakubro, I'm almost done!" Kirishima gelled up the last strand of hair and smiled. He walked out the bathroom and grabbed his bag. "I'm ready!"

"Finally!" Bakugou says, and walked out of the redhead's dorm. Kirishima followed slowly to see how much control he had with the string. He came to a stop and saw Bakugou still walking he had a devious smirk on his face and tugged the string towards him.

Bakugou fell backwards and exclaimed, "SHIT!"

Kirishima then started laughing. "Holy crap Bakugou!"

Bakugou stood on his feet and sprinted towards Kirishima. Kirishima yelped and ran back into his dorm and locked the door.

"SHITTY HAIR WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS!"

"Exactly so don't hit me!"

"Fucking fine!"

Kirishima reluctantly unlocked the door and he peaked out. He saw Bakugou glaring at him. Kirishima slowly stepped out his dorm and closed the door. He locked it and smiled sheepishly at the blond.

"Sorry bro." He says and opened his arms out for a hug. Bakugou growled and walked away.

'Shoulda known he was going to hug me.' Kirishima huffed and followed the blond.

•••

"You both are late again." Mr. Aizawa says with a depressing sigh. "What was the reason this time?"

'Would he even believe us if we told the truth? Is it even worth explaining?' Kirishima thought. He kept quiet and so did Bakugou. Mr. Aizawa shook his head in disappointment and told them to go to their seats.

Bakugou went to his seat and stop mid way. He turned to look at Kirishima and all he did was shrugged.

"Dumbass c'mon!"

"What do you mean c'mon?! I'm heading to my desk." Kirishima pointed to his desk. Bakugou looked down at the length of the string and saw that it reached its limit before they even went to their desks.

"What is wrong with you both?" Mr. Aizawa asks.

"Well, can we tell you after class, because it's a little bit embarrassing.." Kirishima fiddled with his fingers.

"Tch, fuck waiting that long. We got hit by a stupid quirk." Bakugou said.

Kirishima was unfazed. Yup, he knew Bakugou would do that. He knew it. It wasn't a surprise that Bakugou was impatient.

"Let's talk outside. Everyone continue working." Mr. Aizawa says and walks to the classroom door. Kirishima and Bakugou followed and they stood side by side. Mr. Aizawa closed the door and stared at the two tiredly.

"Explain what happened from the beginning."

Kirishima nodded. "This is what happened, me and Bakugou had after school detention and we were both walking home together. We got to our regular spot, at the park, and we were saying our goodbyes and then a lady screamed thief out of nowhere. Someone ran past me and Bakugou, and we had followed that person. The thief hit a dead end and we were ready to fight. Bakugou couldn't because of-"

"Everyone knows I failed my stupid exam now leave that part out and continue!"

Kirishima rolled his eyes and continued, "The person's hands started getting all glowy but I didn't react because someone was throwing a tantrum cause he couldn't get in on the fight and he distracted me." Kirishima turned his head to Bakugou and saw the blond scowling at him.

"Anyways, the thief formed a glowy blue ball and threw it at me and Bakugou. We were going to dodge it but the light was hypnotizing us kinda because we both couldn't move at all. Then boom the ball hit us and sent us flying. We both weren't injured severely. Bakugou ended up throwing an explosion and the person disappeared but left the bag he stole. We gave it to the nice lady and went home. The next day we both woke up with a burning sensation in our bodies. We ignored it, blah, blah, blah. We were walking to school and we were late because of the stupid burning feeling. Now I think the quirk fully activated because we both now have a string attached to our wrists, which limits our movement and how far we can go."

Mr. Aizawa blinked, just letting the words sink in. He knows Kirishima isn't a liar so he guesses he can believe him. "There's not much I can do about that. It'll probably fade away with time. I feel like I know what kind of quirk it is but I don't know for sure. I will move Midoriya into your seat, Kirishima, and you can sit behind Bakugou."

"I..Okay." Kirishima mumbled. He and Bakugou walked back into the classroom with Mr. Aizawa close behind.

"Midoriya, can you move into Kirishima's seat?" Mr. Aizawa asks.

Midoriya tilted his head in confusion but nodded anyways. He grabbed his stuff and moved into Kirishima's seat. Kaminari welcomed Midoriya with open arms too.

"What's wrong Bakugou and Kirishima?" Mina asks.

"Quirk accident." He responded.

Bakugou walked to his seat and Kirishima sat behind him. "Damn this seat is warm.." The redhead whispered.

"You're fucking disgusting." Bakugou grumbled.

"I'm just stating facts!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
See you next chapter!

Words: 1573