Chapter 4: 'Comfort'

TW: Mention of suicide, past scars, and depression.

"Hey Bakugou...?" Kirishima whispers, staring at the back of the blond's neck. There was a lot on his mind at the moment, and he would like to get some of it out. Most of the thoughts were about their current situation and if the quirk will fade away. Kirishima didn't receive a response so he didn't try again. The last thing he wanted to do was wake up Bakugou. The blond can be extra grumpy when he's awoken from his sleep.

The redhead huffed quietly and curled up a bit. His thoughts weren't the best right now and he can't even get sleep because of it. Sometimes your thoughts can become so loud that it makes you a little triggered. Kirishima had gone through a lot of mental battles in the past especially in middle school and some things trigger him. Especially the scars on his wrists. He can easily say they're scars from training but the scars on his wrists were actually suicide attempts. They faded relatively well and he healed slowly but surely.

People did that to him, causing him to have terrible trust issues in the past. He was almost diagnosed with PPD (Paranoid Personality Disorder). Luckily he didn't. He was so scared to be around people, and was completely traumatized from his past experiences.

Kirishima's doing better now but his middle school days still haunt him. He was going through the mental battle all alone too. No one knew he was suffering mentally. He hid it with a smile. Eventually that smile faded and he broke down completely.

No. He doesn't want to think about the past anymore. Forgive the people who crushed him and forget them. It doesn't matter anymore. His past doesn't defy him, but it did make him who he was today. He was a better version of himself and he is proud of himself. Kirishima didn't want anyone else to go through the same mental pain he went through. It was very traumatizing.

He can't stop thinking about his past. It hurts him. It still hurts him. Yes, he did forgive the people who hurt him but he can't forget what they said. Kirishima felt tears welling in his eyes. Those tears are for the same pain.

No, he doesn't want to breakdown lying next to Bakugou. Kirishima covered his mouth and let the tears slip on their own. His past still crushes him, and he fucking despised it. The redhead sniffled and hiccuped. He was trying to keep the noise down to a minimum.

It always ended like this. His thoughts ends up making him think about the past and once he starts thinking of the past it takes so much self control to break him out. It always ended the same, with him having a breakdown and crying himself to sleep.

Another hiccup slipped out and the redhead squeezed his eyes shut. He really needed a hug right now. He wanted to cry in someone's arms and tell them he's not okay mentally. Just wanting to be comforted and held. More tears fall from his crimson red eyes. A small gasp came from his mouth along with another hiccup. He's so damn unmanly. Letting his damn past torment him like this. Some future pro hero he wants to be.

Kirishima felt Bakugou's body shift and turn. His eyes were wide and he halted all motions. He saw the blond still sleeping soundly.

Kirishima needed to get out of there, but if he does then he will trigger the heat in both of their bodies and wake Bakugou up. He'll just have to silently cry until he runs dry.

It sucks crying the same tears for the same reason. Those tears won't change a thing and that's what cuts deep. Kirishima was silently crying, letting out small hiccups and gasps every so often. He squeezed his eyes shut and fought the urge to punch the daylights out of himself.

"Kirishima..?"

Kirishima froze and fluttered his eyes open. He saw the blond staring at him with a facial expression he had never seen the blond make before. Kirishima woke him up with his crying. Just great.