Chapter 3: 'Between us'

Finally the day was over for the two teens. Kirishima was ready to just chill and chat away with his friends in the common room. Unfortunately for him Bakugou had other ideas. The blond wanted to take a nap. He lost a lot of valuable energy today, and he wanted nothing more but to get back the energy he had lost because of their predicament. Bakugou and Kirishima walked side by side to the dormitory in silence. The two didn't have anything to say to each other. They had a lot of their minds especially on how far they could be apart. Honestly, the two could barely be apart in their classes. Kirishima had to sit in Midoriya's seat and he had to persuade him to let him sit there just for today.

Kirishima sighed and stared at the ground. 'How long does this quirk last? What is Bakugou thinking about right now? How far can we even be apart? Hell, we can't be apart even if it's just for two minutes!'

Kirishima groaned loudly and brought his hands to his face. It was so frustrating to think about this.

"Don't groan so suddenly like that dumbass!" Bakugou said loudly, turning his head to the redhead. He then muttered, "It fucking startled me.."

Kirishima sheepishly laughed, "Sorry about that. I'm just frustrated." Kirishima opened the dormitory door and let Bakugou walk in first. Bakugou nodded as a sign of thanks and walked inside. Kirishima was quick to walk inside as well.

"About what?" Asked Bakugou.

"You know our situation.." Kirishima whispered, rubbing the nave on his neck. This quirk is so restricting. The worst part is he doesn't even know what the hell it is exactly. Kirishima noticed he friends in the common room chatting about their day and he immediately brightened up and rushed towards them.

"Hey guys!" Kirishima beamed. His friends welcomed him and they chatted away. Kirishima completely forgot about the situation he was in until he heard someone clear their throat.

Kirishima turned his head and lifted a brow. Bakugou was glaring at him and he motioned his head to the elevator. Kirishima pouted and sighed sadly.

"Can we just chill down here for a bit?" Kirishima asked softly. He cupped his hands together and crouched down a bit. Kirishima poked out his bottom lip and gave Bakugou his best puppy dog eyes. Sadly Bakugou wasn't having it. His scowl deepened as his glare darkened.

"What's going on between you and Blasty?"

The two boys put their gaze on a familiar pink girl. Her devious smirk said everything.

"Nothing." Kirishima answers.

"Dude, you and Bakugou have been hella close to each other more than usual." Kaminari deadpanned.

Before Kirishima could respond a familiar burning sensation was in the pit of his stomach. He recognized the feeling even though he just recently felt it. Kirishima was a bit hesitant to walk over to Bakugou because his glare didn't lighten. But he knows it'll only get worse with time. The younger slowly walked over to Bakugou and the glare the blond gave him lightened ever so slightly.

"Let's fucking go." Bakugou grumbled and walked into the elevator. Kirishima followed with a pout and saw his friends staring suspiciously at them.

'Yup, they're gonna take it the wrong way..'

The elevator doors closed and the two waited for the elevator to ding and the doors to open once again.

"I really wanted to talk to our friends Bakugou.." Kirishima says in a hushed tone.

"I don't give a fuck what you want, alright? We gotta figure out our damn situation because I'm not sleeping feeling like my insides are being set on fucking fire."