Darnell 65

Being back home did nothing but amplify my own failures; here was my little cousin, pretty much my only leaving blood relative, and while I should've been here helping him through the shyt he was dealing with, I was in Denver chillin with Kemoni. I should've put that trip on hold, especially after sitting down and just listening to everything that Gambino has been going through in D.C., I wanted to fly down there, find that nigga Papa Toenail or whatever the fuck his name was, and put a fuckin bullet in his head, but Gambino ensured me that he was fine, that he had people that were looking out for him and making sure he was taken care of. That only made me feel worse, because I was supposed to be looking after him but just like me he was independent and seemed to have a plan about what he wanted to do. I needed to do better, at least in terms of checking in on him and keeping in touch.... the only problem with that was I was easily distracted for example right now. I was supposed to be listening to him and yet, Chris had just walked by the room, he was shirtless and despite the seriousness of our conversation, Gambino's words became distant as me and Chris's eyes met for that split second... Gambino pushed my shoulder gently and when I looked at him he was smirking.

"So what's y'alls deal?" Gambino asked giving me a knowing smirk, at first I was confused until Chris walked by again with a box in his arms. "That your dude, your ex, fuck buddy, wassup?" He asked looking into my eyes.

"None of the above, that's Legend's boy.... I literally just met him a few weeks ago. What made you ask that bullshyt?" I asked knowing that there was something way deeper going on, I just haven't quite figured out what that something was just yet.

"Nigga because y'all are constantly watching each other, y'all seem to have this thing where y'all know when the other is around, and I've seen the way you look at him. Something is there, you're just too afraid to go after it." Gambino said smiling.

"Nah, I've never been afraid of anything.... Chris is a good dude and I wouldn't mind getting to know him on a deeper level but that comes with time. So what's your plan? Are you staying here or going back to D.C.? If you're staying here, I can help you find a place and if you're going back to D.C. I'll come with you because I wanna met this Papa Tonsils or whatever." I asked wanting to change the subject.

"Neither... my bro Uriel and mentor Frédéric are setting me up with a place in Boston, he says I'll be staying with his brother or something which is coo with me... as for Papa Tunde, there are some other people who are after him and I trust when they find him......." Gambino said trailing off but I knew what he was getting at. "I should probably start getting ready for this party tonight." Gambino said getting up, I got up as well and walked downstairs where Legend, Chris, and Preston were all laughing at something.

"Ayy are you going to finish helping me painting that last room?" Chris asked and I nodded. "Thanks, man I really appreciate it, Legend claims he's got something planned but he refuses to tell me what it is." Chris said and I looked at Legend who smiled before turning away from me. Look at this nigga trying to play matchmaker.......

"Which room is it?" I asked and Chris got up and started walking towards the stairs, God why did I have to walk behind him? His ass was just...... I could just picture grabbing that muthafucker while his d..... I shook the thought from my head and I followed him into an empty bedroom. "I think grey would be bomb for this room.... it's on the wet side of the house so when the sun is going down it'll give it a nice subtle yet sensual glow." I said looking around.

"We can figure it out next week.... but I really brought you up here to ask you something, I uhh..... I gotta drive back down to Georgia and pick up the last of my stuff and I was wondering if..... I know it's kinda outta nowhere but you've been helping me out so much and I just figured I'd ask." Chris said looking away.