𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒚-𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

Start from the beginning

She shook her head unlocking her car then getting inside and starting it up. It was sad how she had to explain to a grown man that she didn't need them to survive. She learned that right after her parents left her. A man will come and go like plenty of other things. So, she refuse to keep her focus on species that will leave once they see a chance.

She drove off, heading to her apartment. She had much more to do in the little amount of time given. After driving for awhile, she finally reached her place. She parked her car, taking out her purse and bin then headed inside. She ignored the regular lady there that always gave her a mug. She was curious as to why she still had her job with the attitude she had.

She stepped on the elevator and pressed the button. She checked her phone look of a few orders she had to do today. She was really happy how far she was coming. As she stepped off the elevator she started walking down the hall. She started walking slowly as she seen Demetrius sitting besides her door.

"Demetrius..." she called out and he look over at her. He quickly got up as she walked to him.

"What are you doing here?" She asked looking him up and down. He didn't look like himself whatsoever.

"Umm, I wanted to see if we could talk for a minute or two." He answered. Constance look at him debating whether or not she wanted to talk to him. Unless he was willing to apologize for the way he treated her, she didn't want to hear it.

But, she did want to give him a chance. That was the least she could do right now.

"You can say no, Constance if you don't want to." He told her since he could tell she wasn't having it.

"Umm, yeah sure we can talk. Just gimme a minute." She finally answered, taking out her keys. She unlock the door and allowed him to come in.

She put her stuff down while he took a seat on the couch. She sat on the opposite side leaving a space between them. She crossed her legs and they both sat there in silence.

"Okay, so I came over-"

"Hold on, cause I have something to say before you apologize or do whatever. What I'm about to say, I mean in the most respectful way possible. But, Demi I don't need you...." she began. Demetrius was about to speak, but she stopped him.

"Lemme finish, please. I want that to be made known because I refuse to look stupid if I decide to take you back after all this. I know I'm young and you probably see me as an easy target and naive. But, I promise you I'm not at all. I don't want you to think that a simple 'I'm sorry and I'll never do it again, please take me back' bullshit will work on me cause it's not. You genuinely hurt my feelings to the point where I had to pull myself away from you before you did anymore damage. So, if you came over here to give me a crappy apology then you can leave." She finished, feeling weight being lifted off her shoulders.

She felt like she had to say what she said because she didn't want to be easy. Like she said before, she was young but she knew what she wanted and she going to get it whether it was from Demetrius of not. Demetrius cleared his throat, gathering his thoughts before speaking.

"I know you don't need me, Constance and I noticed that while we were dating. I know you don't need me, but I genuinely need you. Your the only person that actually liked me for me unlike others. I felt like myself when I was with you. I mean this with all my heart, I'm sorry for what I did and how I made you feel. I was being so stupid for no reason at all."

"I know your wondering why I was acting that way and I honestly don't fucking know. I don't have the answer to that question, but I do have an answer as to why I didn't take a test. I just didn't want to look stupid to everyone, but that doesn't matter since I look stupid anyways. I know I fucked with your feelings, but it wasn't intentional at all. And I don't find you naive, in all honesty I'm the naive one.

"You have your whole life planned out at such a young age too. You have several blessings coming your way and I don't want to get in the way of them. You have a lot going for you and you deserve way more. You don't need a little boy, but instead a man. And I don't want to get in the way of you finding that one. I'm truly sorry for what I did to you Constance and I wish you the best really."

Constance tuck in her lips watching as he got up and left. She sigh, tossing her head back on the couch.

Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they need to fall back together.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

A/N:

1. Y'all want them back together?

2. Opinions? Thoughts?

If you have questions lemme know and I'll answer them. I probably won't answer questions that have the answer in the story.