Chapter 4: 'Comfort'

Comenzar desde el principio

"I..I'm sorry if I woke you up; you can go back to sleep.." Kirishima sniffled. He was afraid to even speak because if he did it will cause him to breakdown more and cry even more.

Bakugou reached over to his nightstand and turned on the lamp to see Kirishima's face. He was shocked by what he saw. The class sunshine was crying, but what's worst is that it's silent.

"Kirishima.." Bakugou whispered and watched the redhead sit up with him. "Wha-"

Kirishima shook his head no, indicating that he didn't want Bakugou to say anything. But Bakugou wasn't having any of that.

"What's wrong Kirishima?" The blond was genuinely concerned for his friend. Kirishima hiccuped and let another tear slip out.

Bakugou shakingly wrapped his arm around his friend's waist and pulled him closer to his body. Kirishima held back a sob and felt a gentle hand push his head to the side. His head was now resting on Bakugou's shoulder and he nearly sobbed out all his pain.

"Kirishima what's wrong?" Bakugou asked again, running his fingers through the redhead's still gelled hair. It was more chaotic looking then normal. Bakugou should've made him wash it out but he didn't care enough to say anything about it.

Kirishima didn't answer because he knows by heart he'll just sob. With a sigh Bakugou whispered, "Let it all out..It's okay to cry. Expressing your emotions is the most manliest thing anyone can do. Let it all out.." Bakugou wasn't good at comforting but he was willing to try.

That reinsurance was all the younger needed. He wrapped his arms tightly around the blond and cried into his shoulder. Bakugou rubbed small circles into his back and continued to whisper encouraging words into his ear.

"It's okay..I got you..Cry it all out. I'm right here. It's okay to breakdown, alright? Don't you dare fucking think you're weak and unmanly. You're the most manliest guy I know, ya hear me?"

Kirishima sobbed harder into the blond's shoulder. This kind of comfort was all he wanted and now that he's getting it he feels the need to let his emotions run wild. Bakugou's comfort was rare and a bit weird but it's Bakugou. His comforting, to Kirishima, was fucking perfect.

After a few minutes of crying and comforting, Kirishima managed to compose himself enough to only let out small sniffles. He felt the wet patch he left on Bakugou's shoulder and he frowned.

"Sorry about your shirt.." Kirishima mumbled.

The shirt was the last thing on the blond's mind. What he wanted to know was why Kirishima was crying.

"Why were you crying?" Bakugou asked tenderly, slowly but gently pushing Kirishima off him.

Kirishima wiped his tears and stared down at his hands. "I was just thinking about my past.."

Bakugou tilted his head. "What about it?"

Kirishima just shook his head. He wants to forget about the past not talk about it. He flinched when he felt a warm hand rest on top of his.

"Remember what you told me?" Bakugou said, putting his finger under Kirishima's chin and turning his head to look at him. Kirishima thought back for a bit and shook his head.

"You told me that talking it out will lessen the amount of pressure on you, and it worked. You had my back, didn't you?"

Kirishima nodded slowly. Bakugou had terrible PTSD from the villain attack and the sludge villain in the past. He occasionally gets nightmares about it and he always went to Kirishima for comfort. Bakugou trusted Kirishima and knew he could show his weak side in front of him. Kirishima also promised to keep it between them and he kept it.

"Now it's my turn to return the favor. Talk to me. This will stay between us. Don't you dare think about pushing me away either, Hair for Brains."

Kirishima sighed and closed his eyes. "In the past I was made fun of for my quirk. I shouldn't have let it get to me but I did..I was told that it was ugly, that it was weak, and not hero material. It brought my self confidence and self esteem down so low. I was bullied a little and was constantly being thrown insults at. I ended up having depression and did a couple of suicide attempts. I failed each time. I then became so paranoid, over the summer, about people and trusting whether to be around them or not. I was almost diagnosed with PPD, which is Paranoid Personality Disorder. I don't want to go into the details of that. On my last year in middle school I promised that I would never let people's words get to me again. I will be the hero I want to be. My scars have faded and I'm doing better now, but my past still haunts me. I forgave the people who hurt me but I can never forget what they did to me.."

Bakugou stared at him shocked. He didn't know Kirishima was going through that much mentally. He was going to kill the bastards who made his best friend think like that. Those bastards don't deserve to live after what they did to him.

Kirishima let out a breath he didn't know he was holding and looked to the blond. Bakugou didn't say anything, instead he hugged him closely. Kirishima was stunned at first but then hugged back.

"Feel better?"

"Ye..Yeah..." Kirishima answered and rested his chin on the blond's shoulder. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Shitty hair."

They both sat in a comfortable silence. They were just bathing in each other's presence. A huge wave of relief rushed over Kirishima and he was very content with it.

"Sorry again about waking you up." Kirishima airy chuckled.

"Say sorry again and I'll knock your teeth in." Bakugou threatened halfheartedly. Kirishima gulped and nodded.

Kirishima pushed himself away from the hug and yawned. Bakugou smirked a bit. "Tired?"

"Mhm.." Kirishima rubbed his eyes and tiredly stared at the blond.

Bakugou then shifted to lay down and he yanked Kirishima down with him, making the redhead rest his head on his chest.

"Bakugou?!"

"Shut up and rest."

Kirishima was a little nervous to fall asleep but he closed his eyes and felt a strong hand run through his hair. Before Kirishima fell into a deep sleep he heard Bakugou whisper, "Good night." Kirishima smiled softly and let sleep take him that night.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: A little bit of angst and fluff!  I did say that the quirk was going to be more explained this chapter but I decided to make it next chapter since this chapter was overall a little cute to write. I'm very content with this chapter. I was going to make this chapter longer but decided against it. I don't want this chapter to be too long or this book to be long either. Uhm, that's it!

See you next chapter!

Words: 1866