Chapter 3: Hogwarts Express

Start from the beginning

"Hey! Watch it!," they both yelled. "Sorry...," crunched Ricky through a mouthful of chips. Evelyn and Elena rolled their eyes and went back to reading their books.

"So... Anyway...," started Kennade. "What?," asked Serenity. "Well, when we get to Hogwarts, what house do you want to get sorted into? "I want Slytherin."

"Oh... Umm... I'd like Gryffindor, but I think I would be fine with any," said Serenity.

"RAVENCLAW!," shouted Ricky. Everyone stared at him thinking he was crazy. Then Grace said, "Dad's a Slytherin and my mom is a Hufflepuff. Either one is fine by me but I'd prefer to be a Slytherin"

"Same! They usually accomplish their goals in life and things like that," said Kennade. Then Serenity looked over at Elena and Evelyn reading books.

"Well, if I'm not wrong, I think these two would definitely be Ravenclaws... Always with their noses in books and stuff..."

"Yup!," the rest of them chorused. The food cart came over to our section and Ricky had his eyes wide for everything. Elena and Evelyn barely glanced up, but the rest were all pulling out their money. Ricky chose literally everything and the rest, simple chocolate frogs, or Bertie Bott's every flavor beans.

"I think we should get some for Evelyn and Elena, even though they don't seem very interested in the food." said Serenity and Grace. The rest agreed, so they got them Drooble's Best Blowing Gum and a couple of Pumpkin Pasties. They were each going to share some of their food, but Ricky didn't look too happy about that. Elena and Evelyn finally looked up from their books and ate some of the food from the food trolley.

"When are we going to be there?" asked Ricky as he dusted Dorrito crumbs off his seat.

"It's been twenty minutes Ricky. It's an all day ride." said Grace. "Maybe we should let our pets out. It must suck to be cramped up in cages."

The others nodded in agreement as they stood up to get their animals from the overhead luggage rack.

Elena and Grace got their kittens down first and then Ricky got his phoenix. Suddenly Ricky screamed "I EAT TOOTHPASTE FOR LUNCH!" Causing many heads to turn their way.

"Nothing to see here folks! Just your average crazy, sugar-high, ADHD demigod." Kennade said anxiously, looking around.

"Honestly... Is he ALWAYS like that?" asked Evelyn, glancing at Ricky in shock.

"Er- Sometimes." Kennade replied awkwardly.

"Uh, anyway so... where are you all from? said Grace. "I'm a halfblood. Y'know, muggle-born mom? Pureblood dad?"

"I'm a pureblood. My mom and Dad both have magical blood." said Elena.

"I'm a- God? Pure-blood? I don't know. I'm a demigod and a wizard. Sooooo- I'm a Son of Hades. My mum is the headmistress at Ilvermorny, and- yeah." Ricky finished anti-climatically after he got tired of his sugar rush.

"So you're a- demi-wizard...?" said Evelyn. "Speaking of blood heritage, I'm a pureblood. Both of my parents have magical blood.

"Odd. I've never met a demi-wizard before. Come to think of it I didn't even know demi-wizards were a thing." said Grace curiously as she stroked Shadow.

"Yeah. It is. K and I are the only ones in the world that have been identified as a demi-wizard in a century." Ricky said.

"Wow," Elena said. "I better jot that down." "Maybe it'd be on one of our exams or something... Evelyn nodded her head and also took out a little notepad while the rest of them sighed. When Ricky and Kennade peered over at Evelyn and Elena's notes, all they could see were a bunch of tiny scribbles.

"I am a pureblood" added Serenity, "I like reading but I get car/train sick... Also where did all the-" she was interrupted by Ricky.

"Anyone have any more food? I swear we went through all that way too quick" groaned Ricky.

Serenity mumbled and stayed quiet for a while, took out a book and started reading as well.

"Uh... wristband?" said Kennade pointing at Ricky's arm.

"Oh right! Thanks K. 'Donuts'" said Ricky staring at the wristband. All of a sudden a box of donuts popped out of thin air.

"Sweet!" mumbled Ricky thickly through a mouthful of donut. None of them questioned why the donuts were blue. Including the dough.

After a long time, Evelyn and Elena finally looked up from their books. They looked around at all of them, and the mess they had made. "Oh goodness... This place seems like a bunch of pigs trashed it," they said "Someone was having heart attacks...".

Serenity looked up from her book because of Ricky's screaming. "Ugh can anyone be quiet?!," she said. Grace giggled and Ricky looked at Grace and Serenity But she saw that Evelyn was going to do a spell so she paused reading, and took out some sour gummies that she hid from Ricky to eat while she watched.

Evelyn then took her wand out, did a flick and said, Scourgify!, at that moment, everything was clean and dusted as if it were brand new. Everyone looked at her with their mouths open, except Elena and Serenity, who noticed what happened but weren't surprised.

"What?," asked Evelyn, as she noticed the look of shock on everyone apart from Elena and Serenity's faces.

"How did you just do that?," everyone but Ricky asked, because he was going to the bathroom.

"It's called magic," Evelyn responded. "We'll all learn a lot more once we get to Hogwarts". Serenity added "Yeah, us pure-bloods were already taught some basic magic by our parents and by reading," Elena said proudly. "Such as..." she took out her wand and pointed it at an empty wrapper, "Evanesco!," the empty wrapper completely vanished into thin air. "That one's a bit more advanced, it took me nearly 4 days to accomplish."

"Yup! For example... " Serenity took out her wand and pointed it at a Chocolate Frog, "Accio!," the Chocolate Frog immediately came towards her. She then started eating it. "Wow... That's cool! I can't wait to get to Hoggywarts!," said Ricky excitedly when he got back. "Uh... You mean HOGwarts?," said Kennade, confused of why Ricky said Hogwarts that way. "Yeah, that's what I meant, I call it HOGGYWARTS!". Everyone laughed and rolled their eyes.

For the rest of the ride, Evelyn and Elena were reading their books, Kennade and Ricky were explaining things about Demi-Gods (Evelyn and Elena were taking notes of this), Serenity was talking about her personal knowledge of the Potters, and Grace was attempting to try some 2nd year spells. Ricky suddenly shouted "LOOK! BIG BLACK CASTLE THING!!!!" Serenity giggled at Ricky's random announcement and so did the others after.

Word count: 1655